Why didn't Michael corleone shoot

The cop first?  Why would you shoot Sollozzo who you knew didn't have a gun?  Maybe Fredo was the smartest 

Oh ya Fredo was reaaaaal smart ..... Worked out in the end for him didn't it ?

WhereIsGoranReljic -

Knew how to catch fish 

Mike knew he could blast them both before either knew what was going on. Also — the demeanor of the cop was much more relaxed. He was asking about the food and enjoying it.

Sollozzo was suspicious and clearly on guard. 

Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Mike knew he could blast them both before either knew what was going on. Also — the demeanor of the cop was much more relaxed. He was asking about the food and enjoying it.

Sollozzo was suspicious and clear on guard. 

Sollozzo was the hunted one!

Girly -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Knew how to catch fish 

As well as sleep with them .

Lol @ maybe Fredo was the smartest!  The only person dumber than fredo was the bro in law.

Girly -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Knew how to catch fish 

And bang cocktail waitresses 2 at the time.  Not that dumb

Girly -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Sollozzo was suspicious and clear on guard. 

Sollozzo was the hunted one!

This. Take out primary target first when possible. Michael was willing to give up his life in exchange for Sollozzo and as someone already said, the copper was relaxed and Michael knew he could get both.

TheMMAn -
Girly -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Knew how to catch fish 

And bang cocktail waitresses 2 at the time.  Not that dumb

Not a good businessman since no one could get a drink 

the cop was eating. sollozzo was the primary target and was right in michael's face. 

easy math

Michael, Sonny, and Tom discuss the hit:

Pete gives some tips:

The guys find out where the meeting will take place:

Michael takes them out:

I wanna know how no one was killed in the cross fire at the toll during the hit on Sonny.

McClusky was very complacent at the table - very sure Mike wasn't carrying a gun after having frisked a 1000 young punks. All too easy. He could wait til the end. 

Fuck, after those clips, I'm going to have to go home and watch it again.

One of the very few movies that, while flipping channels, if it's on, I'll watch it. Everytime

cleetdog101 -

McClusky was very complacent at the table - very sure Mike wasn't carrying a gun after having frisked a 1000 young punks. All too easy. He could wait til the end. 

This. Sollozo was wary. Checked Michael's crotch on the way to the bathroom.

and he was good with a knife

The guy who played Fredo might be the p4p actor ever considering how many movies he made and how many were greats.

He did i think 5 movies total and out of those he was in Godfather 1 and 2,The Deer Hunter and Dog Day Afternoon

Ive had The godfather the complete epic edit on hold for a while now, its a 7 hour chronological cut.
I know i will probably love it but who the fuck has seven hours to spare,i might watch it tomorrow if i am hungover.

fubar_ - The guy who played Fredo might be the p4p actor ever considering how many movies he made and how many were greats.

He did i think 5 movies total and out of those he was in Godfather 1 and 2,The Deer Hunter and Dog Day Afternoon

Ive had The godfather the complete epic edit on hold for a while now, its a 7 hour chronological cut.
I know i will probably love it but who the fuck has seven hours to spare,i might watch it tomorrow if i am hungover.

Where can I find it? That's the only way my wife will watch.

Girly -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Knew how to catch fish 

Before he became fish bait.

Fan of Fanboys - 
psillypico - 
fubar_ - The guy who played Fredo might be the p4p actor ever considering how many movies he made and how many were greats.

Where can I find it? That's the only way my wife will watch.

I've been wanting to watch too. Used to be on HBO but is not any longer. Would love to see

Is it avail to buy somewhere?

It seems like your options are torrents or buying it on vhs
https://www.amazon.com/Godfather-1902-1959-Complete-Epic-VHS/dp/6302383455