Why do liberals hate guns?

I have never heard a rational explanation for it. No one is forcing them to own one, but they are hellbent on depriving everyone else of them.

It also baffles me when I hear people say "I would NEVER keep a gun in my house." I typically question them with something like "what would you do if you were home invaded by violent criminals?" They either don't have an answer or respond with something generic like "I refuse to live in fear."

Please help me understand.

Guns just have no place in their lives. They don't hunt, and they figure anything for home protection is better served on a Police officer they can call. So in their eyes, people are needlessly dying from bouts of anger that turn deadly because they are armed with a weapon that can easily kill someone.

I mean, I guess I understand that gun-involved violence is an issue. But criminals having guns is exactly why I want one. Do they truly believe that more gun restrictions in law abiding citizens will do anything to curb the inner city murder rates?

Bottles the mind.

Brainwashed. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

I'm a liberal but sold all my guns when i stopped hunting.  i don't need them for protection.

dhughes - I'm an OG liberal - which outside of this forum probably means a bit right of center. I own an AR-15 and I love guns.
But guns aren't violent, people are violent. Maybe they feel like if they take away everyone's guns, the inner city murder will be less, and the massive failure that is years of social welfare and social justice policy will be less apparent?

Macallan12 - I mean, I guess I understand that gun-involved violence is an issue. But criminals having guns is exactly why I want one. Do they truly believe that more gun restrictions in law abiding citizens will do anything to curb the inner city murder rates?

Bottles the mind.

Criminals having guns is only one of the reasons why I want a gun. I also want a gun because I don't want to fight a home invader (or multiple invaders) hand-to-hand. If someone breaks into my house, I don't WANT a "fair fight" - I want to defend myself and my family to the best of my ability, and tipping the odds drastically in my favor via a firearm is the best way to do that, especially as I get older and less able to "throw down".

I hate them because they can go off randomly --for no reason-- especiially the black assault guns with those banana clips --the ones used to murder everyone.

Agreed. Many reasons to own a gun. Few reasons to not.

They represent the ultimate measure of taking personal responsibility on both sides of the gun. It's easier to blame the gun for the death than hold an individual accountable... whether he was the shooter or the target and whether or not the shooting was justified.

Pointing at the gun is easier for them than pointing at a person.

because our firearm death rate is so much higher than other first world countries and let's be honest, it's a lot higher (in some countries there are no firearm deaths).  liberals (and i mean far left - most liberals i know don't have a problem with guns) want them all taken away like australia did 20 years ago where subsequently, the gun violence rate dropped by more than 75%.

it's not impossible to take guns away from everyone except for police and military, and personally i wouldn't have an issue with it, but guns are too engrained in our DNA and trying to take them away is just a waste of everyone's time at this point.

I lean left and have a handgun and a shotgun.

When it comes to the politicians I think a lot of it is a money grab. It's the only way I could comprehend why people like California's Senator Yee would be so vehemently anti 2A while running an illegal arms ring behind the scenes at the same time.

The common folk tend to be completely scared of guns and everything they stand for. So that translates to them feeling as though the rest of the country shouldn't need to own them either.

The left is against anything the right is for. That's why half of it doesn't any sense.

Liberals don't hate guns. That's more bullshit from the right that idiots repeat. Im a liberal and have owned guns my entire life. Most of us think everyone is responsible/competent/trustworthy enough to own a gun. That doesn't equal hating guns.

Pinback - The left is against anything the right is for. That's why half of it doesn't any sense.

that's propaganda fed to us by politicians bro.  there's plenty of things the left and right can agree on:

the general pursuit of happiness reasonably unencumbered by the government

freedom of press

freedom of speech

freedom of religion

clean air and water

a safe homeland

i could go on

we are more alike than we are different.

*dont

To liberals the government is a benevolent force that would never turn against you.

They wish to cede power to the government, who they think in turn will keep you safe.

The Noose - Liberals don't hate guns. That's more bullshit from the right that idiots repeat. Im a liberal and have owned guns my entire life. Most of us think everyone is responsible/competent/trustworthy enough to own a gun. That doesn't equal hating guns.
I think you're in the minority sir. I have never met a liberal that wasn't anti gun.

Mass shootings at schools is one reason some people hate guns.