Why do people talk shit about NASCAR?

The drivers are legit. People say "they only turn left" as if they could suit up and win the Daytona 500. Put a bunch of guys on a track and have them all turn left and some will be better than others. Also, arguably the most elite field of any sport. 40 some guys each race. That's it.

Currently watching my boy lead. Only team west of this Mississippi River. Denver based furniture row car in the lead. Phone Post 3.0

It takes a shit ton of skill to become a Nascar driver, but it's still really boring to most people. Phone Post 3.0

I find it very boring but respect the balls it takes to do it.

Phuckles - The drivers are legit. People say "they only turn left" as if they could suit up and win the Daytona 500. Put a bunch of guys on a track and have them all turn left and some will be better than others. Also, arguably the most elite field of any sport. 40 some guys each race. That's it.

Currently watching my boy lead. Only team west of this Mississippi River. Denver based furniture row car in the lead. Phone Post 3.0

Shit. Why didn't you say that some of them turn left better? Now, this shit is EXCITING!

There's your answer. You're welcome.

ausgepicht -
Phuckles - The drivers are legit. People say "they only turn left" as if they could suit up and win the Daytona 500. Put a bunch of guys on a track and have them all turn left and some will be better than others. Also, arguably the most elite field of any sport. 40 some guys each race. That's it.

Shit. Why didn't you say that some of them turn left better? Now, this shit is EXCITING!

Biggest and best wrecks in the racing game on a regular basis. Nothing? Phone Post 3.0

Super talented, couldn't pay me to watch it Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -

Biggest and best wrecks in the racing game on a regular basis. Nothing? Phone Post 3.0

Well, that's what the 11 o'clock news is for: the best 10 seconds of the whole event.

I think if you grew up in it, you equate it with family and friends tailgating, eating hot dogs, drinking beers, and just hanging out with friends. On occasion you glance at the track. Sams as baseball - you're more waiting for a mistake or error for there to finally be some action.

I think if all that is your thing, you'll find the EVENT exciting. Having unfortunately been tortured and brought to a few of these events I will buy tickets for anyone I dislike.

I don't talk shit about it, I just don't like it so I don't watch it.

It's a class thing. It's regarded as being the white trash sport.

ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -

Well, that's what the 11 o'clock news is for: the best 10 seconds of the whole event.

I think if you grew up in it, you equate it with family and friends tailgating, eating hot dogs, drinking beers, and just hanging out with friends. On occasion you glance at the track. Sams as baseball - you're more waiting for a mistake or error for there to finally be some action.

I think if all that is your thing, you'll find the EVENT exciting. Having unfortunately been tortured and brought to a few of these events I will buy tickets for anyone I dislike.
I did grow up at the track so you have a point. My family raced. My uncle was an absolute beast. Won everything at our local track. Amazing times. Nothing better than the smell of the racetrack. The short tracks are so fucking fun. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -

I did grow up at the track so you have a point. My family raced. My uncle was an absolute beast. Won everything at our local track. Amazing times. Nothing better than the smell of the racetrack. The short tracks are so fucking fun. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, lots of mnemonic anchors and nostalgia. I get it.

Girly - Super talented, couldn't pay me to watch it Phone Post 3.0

This!

I will never understand how anyone could enjoy watching cars drive around in circles for hours.

Mind you I love baseball and some people can't stand watching baseball and find that boring. I think its something you need to grow up watching to enjoy, something you inherit from your parents.

banco - It's a class thing. It's regarded as being the white trash sport.
This has to change. It's legit. It's purely American and has a great story. Grew out of people running alcohol during prohibition. American as apple pie. If that's white trash, count me in. Phone Post 3.0

ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -

FTR, am a casual observer of NASCAR. I don't clear my calendar to watch the race but I will put it on if it's on. Still, the general hate is unwarranted. Phone Post 3.0

I don't make fun of the sport - I make fun of the people attracted to it.

Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -
Phuckles - 
ausgepicht -

FTR, am a casual observer of NASCAR. I don't clear my calendar to watch the race but I will put it on if it's on. Still, the general hate is unwarranted. Phone Post 3.0

If people actually hate NASCAR, they have some 1st world issues. Dislike, yes. Hate? That's a powerful word and quality.

But we live in a world where a simple word can trigger someone to go off the rails, so I'm not surprised.

I live in nc. NASCAR was born here. Can't stand to watch it. Phone Post 3.0

comeonman1 -
Girly - Super talented, couldn't pay me to watch it Phone Post 3.0

This!

I will never understand how anyone could enjoy watching cars drive around in circles for hours.

Mind you I love baseball and some people can't stand watching baseball and find that boring. I think its something you need to grow up watching to enjoy, something you inherit from your parents.

Yep , true on baseball. I grew up with it. Nobody in my fam was into racing Phone Post 3.0

i can watch baseball, golf, and even curling.  i just can not watch oval track racing.

And Colorado based furniture row racing wins. Fuck yes!

#hometeam Phone Post 3.0