Why do so many women....

Wait until they get told the amount they have to pay at the cashier before opening up their purse and getting their wallet out?  

You know you're about to pay for something, regardless of the amount. Get your wallet out while you're standing there waiting.  

Preach. But men do this too Phone Post 3.0

Bad day at mcdonalds today huh Phone Post 3.0

My fiancée is awful with this. Phone Post 3.0

Why are you in such a rush? Phone Post 3.0

The worst is old ladies at the grocery store who do that with their fucking check book. Hey lady how about you fill out the store and date while waiting for the total. I HATE YOU! And who the fuck pays with checks anymore? And get carbon copy reciepts or just keep the reciept in your pocket book for ballancing. You don't have to ballance it right there damn it!

VinegarStrokes - 

The worst is old ladies at the grocery store who do that with their fucking check book. Hey lady how about you fill out the store and date while waiting for the total. I HATE YOU! And who the fuck pays with checks anymore? And get carbon copy reciepts or just keep the reciept in your pocket book for ballancing. You don't have to ballance it right there damn it!

Yeah, hate this too.

Usually it's in the express lane too

Haha, I've never noticed this. I will start paying attention and report back with results. 

However my suspicion is because they are waiting for you to spring to pay for it. That's usually the case. It's like when they get alligator arms when the dinner tab comes to the table.

King Trav - Why are you in such a rush? Phone Post 3.0

Because time is finite, and I have a ton of things I'd prefer to do than to waste my life in line at the cashier.  Let's say you go to a cashier once a day for your life from birth to death (let's say at 85 years old).  There are obviously days you don't go, and days you hit several. 

Let's also say this happens once per visit.  Obviously, not everyone does this, and there are some visits where you get multiple peopel in front of you that do this.

Each time it's about ten seconds of your life lost to this (probably more, to be honest, but we'll go with an easy number).

Over the course of your life, you'll have wasted 3.6 days to that shit.  3.6 days of your life just sitting and watching some idiot finally remember that they have to provide money in the goods-for-money exchange.

What a strange way to breakdown your life.

To each their own I guess.

Have my VU for the day for being you! Phone Post 3.0

Chimonos Revenge - 
VinegarStrokes - 

Yeah, hate this too.

Usually it's in the express lane too

Seriously I have NEVER bounced a check even when i was poor and living pay check to pay check. And had to use checks at some stores and I just took the reciept put it in the check register and annotated it later.

VinegarStrokes -

They still accept cheques in the U.S.? I hate it when old dears pay in the exact change, counting pennies. Phone Post 3.0

Mencken - 

Wait until they get told the amount they have to pay at the cashier before opening up their purse and getting their wallet out?  

You know you're about to pay for something, regardless of the amount. Get your wallet out while you're standing there waiting.  

They think if they delay a few moments some poor sucker of a dude will swoop in and buy pick up their check...works for them in bars, why wouldn't it work everywhere?

^Agreed, that's equally bad.  It's really not hard to be a little prepared. It's not like it's a surprise that you're going to have to order food/drink when you lined up to order food/drink...and then are going to have to pay for it immediately

Trust - 
ohpossum - Preach. But men do this too Phone Post 3.0

They do.  And it is equally annoying.  

In line at a Starbucks a few months ago, about 3-4 people behind this one guy.  Starbucks employees are intentionally slow as shit (it's actually corporate policy), so there being a line is already a pain in the ass.  We had to wait while a few people ahead of him ordered.  Guy was looking at his phone the whole time while waiting.  When he got to the front of the line and the Starbucks employee asked what he wanted, THEN he looked up from his phone and up at the menu board and said "um, let's see . . . "   People behind me wanted to murder the guy.  

How the fuck do you not know what you want after standing in line for 5+ minutes?  

What you described is even worse when it's someone at a drive-thru window.

If you don't know what the fuck you want, go in the goddamn store.

Another pet peeve- when you are in line with your wife and she decides she needs to leave the line and go somewhere in the store to pick something else up. Usually, they do this when you are next in line and they are almost done ringing the person in front of you.

My g/f got so bad about doing this that I had to make a rule that if she leaves the line, I leave the store.

I was at the Vons yesterday.  The cashier has finished ringing up some lady, then asked her if she has a Von's Card.  Instead of replying, she pulls out her phone, proceeds to make a call and started chatting away.

The cashier then asked her again if she had a Von's card, which she replied yes.  The entered her number in the keypad, then went back to her conversation.

The cashier then interupted her again before she fumbled through her fucken purse for her credit card.  People like her deserves to crash into a fucken telephone pole while talking and driving.

my gf doesnt start to  figure out what she wants to order til shes at the front of the line!

No. Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle -

my gf doesnt start to  figure out what she wants to order til shes at the front of the line!

So much this, mine will only do this when there's a huge line behind her. When the stores empty she knows exactly what she wants, the second 3 people are in line she takes 20 Min's Phone Post 3.0

Such behavior is a sign of an inconsiderate person or someone that partially thinks that the world revolves around them.

When they get to front of the line and it's their turn, the spotlight is on them, it's their time to shine and chance to do what they want, and fuck the rest of the people behind them.

It's like when you see people that don't push their chair in once they leave, typically leaving the chair to block the aisle, etc. These people failed the basic manners section of kindergarten.