why do they announce bjj blackbelt

jack me off, you don't have a clue, do you?

"Because the sport developed around BJJ... "

which got completely pwn3d by a wwf style japanese pro-wrestler. lmao

Dude stop being an idiot and owning yourself. The fact that Saku was a pro wrestler doesn't change the fact that he was also a VERY good freestyle wrestler that was VERY good at catch wrestling and submissions in general. Sakuraba wasn't just beating the Gracies back then....he was beating EVERYONE. He was the p4p best fighter in the sport .

As a matter of fact he choked out the much larger Quinton Jackson among several others.

Stop being a douchebag.

interesting that he wasn't picked for the first UFCs. If he had been, maybe everyone would be training in pro-wrestling today.

anyway, that's not really my point. my point is that they tend to minimize other fighting arts as if bjj is the only one that is worthy of mentioning someone's rank in. that's ridiculous.

so, if they would have brought a pro-wrestler like sakuraba into the first UFCs and he had mopped the floor with everyone, is it possible that instead of this whole bjj thing going on today we would all be wearing capes and masks and elf boots and practicing moves like the people's elbow instead?