Why do we need Obama care

We already have state insurance for low income families. I live I Cali and if you make below a certain level you qualify for medi- cal. If you don't have insurance and end up in the hospital. They have a social worker that's signed you up for emergency madi-cal that covers the stay. Also they have county insurance that picks these things up also. My buddy got a knee surgery from tcms. A county insurance for low income. Seems like it fucking alot of people up. Plus forcing young healthy people buy insurance they don't need. That's the only what aca works. How crazy is that. Force people to buy a product they don't need to finance others and make this while thing work. Rates gone up. It's a huge mess. And people are paying more. Where is all the good? Someone please explain. Why they have done this? Phone Post 3.0

I can drop alot of knowledge on how these clinics set up for medi-cal are making billions of dollars and tax payers are paying four times as much as private insurance. Phone Post 3.0

I made a similar thread talking about state and county healthcare systems and two complete fucking idiots chimed in that my county was the only place where these systems were available. I then listed something like 50 of the largest county "free" hospitals in the country and the thread died.

Because Socialized Medicine has been on the Democrats punch list for decades. Once given the opportunity to shove it right up America's ass they did it.

They are going to be massacred come midterms over this garbage Phone Post

Our health care system does have problems. Some people assert that we just "have to do something" but this plan will likely make things worse since it is piling more pressure on top of a cracked foundation. Phone Post 3.0

easedel - State run insurance ( medicaid ) doesn't except everyone. I just got denied for it even after the marketplace said i qualified for it because I don't make enough.

Go to google and type your county healthcare system or just your county hospital. These are subsidized hospital systems that help millions of poor people every year.

Good question. One can only speculate as to the answer.

Especially since Romneycare hasnt exactly been a success.

In for answer that is fact based. Phone Post 3.0

Still editing to hear. It's funny how because there might be a few people that don't qualify for a state insurance or others. Why not just go buy it then. That's what you have to do now. So what's the difference. Phone Post 3.0

And if someone didn't have insurance and got sick. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay for a drs visit 65 Dollars. Them fork out hundreds month after month when your not sick? Phone Post 3.0

Rates for young men have apparently doubled. But hey, it's just young, mostly white guys. Who cares about them, right?

Far better they be sacrificed so the government can force tens of millions more people into forking over money to a corrupt, corporate scheme that has resulted in the highest administrative costs in the world and has a long, proud history of letting people die to save a few bucks.

You guys need to go universal. As messed up as it sounds, the insurance system in the US is so beyond fucked that having the government manage healthcare will actually save money. Yeah, it's that bad.

Thanks for people dropping some knowledge here. To me I just don't understand why they have centered there whole presidency (first term) on this. No one asked for it. Forcing people to pay for insurance when it's hard times for alot of people. Seems just wierd to me. There's already tons of medical for low income in place. So why focus on this. Seems to me a little out of left field. I would love to here a good answer. Phone Post 3.0

Poleeko. You are comparing a dr visit to an ER visit. Big difference. When you go to the ER. It's an emergency. Not a dr visit. Why didn't you go to the dr earlier before it got so bad. Second notice how you got good care despite no insurance. That was a common fallacy that people continued to say. You will never be denied healthcare despite your payer source. Third see your social worker at the hospital and they will sign you up for emergency medi-cal. Or Medicaid. Lastly. Try to go to the dr before it becomes an emergency. People often to many times wait till the last minit or Friday at five o'clock when they have been sick for two weeks. Your responsible for you. I'm am not. Phone Post 3.0

I would still like to here why we need it. Anyone? Phone Post 3.0

Pill Clinton - I would still like to here why we need it. Anyone? Phone Post 3.0

It's the best way to impose a huge tax on the middle and upper class without calling it a tax.

It also allows the bloated and inefficient bureaucracy that has caused all the negative issues involved with health insurance/cost to continue to be funded and expanded under the illusion of reform. This is not reform, it's recruitment by force into the same old broken system that has been streamlined into a tax revenue stream.

Glovegate - Rates for young men have apparently doubled. But hey, it's just young, mostly white guys. Who cares about them, right?

Far better they be sacrificed so the government can force tens of millions more people into forking over money to a corrupt, corporate scheme that has resulted in the highest administrative costs in the world and has a long, proud history of letting people die to save a few bucks.

You guys need to go universal. As messed up as it sounds, the insurance system in the US is so beyond fucked that having the government manage healthcare will actually save money. Yeah, it's that bad.

Insurance is the biggest protection racket in the world.
And now, they have conspired with our government to punish anyone who refuses to comply with their shakedown.We are actually being forced to pay for protection from them, not from getting sick.

Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force,[1] but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant.[2]

Extortion is distinguished from robbery. In robbery, whether armed or not, the offender takes property from the victim by the immediate use of force or fear that force will be immediately used (as in the classic line, "Your money or your life.") Extortion, which is not limited to the taking of property, involves the verbal or written instillation of fear that something will happen to the victim if he or she does not comply with the extortionist's will. Another key distinction is that extortion always involves a verbal or written threat, whereas robbery does not. In United States federal law, extortion can be committed with or without the use of force and with or without the use of a weapon.

In Blackmail, which always involves extortion, the extortionist threatens to reveal information about a victim or his family members that is potentially embarrassing, socially damaging, or incriminating unless a demand for money, property, or services is met.

The term extortion is often used euphemistically to refer to usury or to price-gouging, though neither is legally considered extortion. It is also often used loosely to refer to everyday situations where one person feels indebted against their will, to another, in order to receive an essential service or avoid legal consequences.

Neither extortion nor blackmail require a threat of a criminal act, such as violence, merely a threat used to elicit actions, money, or property from the object of the extortion. Such threats include the filing of reports (true or not) of criminal behavior to the police, revelation of damaging facts (such as pictures of the object of the extortion in a compromising position), etc.

Because we don't have a universal healthcare system and this was the closest thing we could get in that direction at the moment.

In the worlds greatest society healthcare and education should not be for profit institutions. Phone Post 3.0

Yaaaaa maaaaaan. Like... free stuff for every oooone. Phone Post

Trust -
Primitive Mischief - Because we don't have a universal healthcare system and this was the closest thing we could get in that direction at the moment.

In the worlds greatest society healthcare and education should not be for profit institutions. Phone Post 3.0

Why not?  Do you think people will spend 8 years - after graduating from college -  training to go into medicine so they can volunteer their time and get paid less than..?

How much should doctors make?  

You are mistaking someone earning a living with a for profit industry.

Fire fighters and police are not a part of for profit industries however they earn a living. Phone Post 3.0