Why do we need Obama care

Hired Gun - Because Socialized Medicine has been on the Democrats punch list for decades. Once given the opportunity to shove it right up America's ass they did it.

They are going to be massacred come midterms over this garbage Phone Post
You sir have my VU! Nice! Phone Post 3.0

Ivywam -
Hired Gun - Because Socialized Medicine has been on the Democrats punch list for decades. Once given the opportunity to shove it right up America's ass they did it.

They are going to be massacred come midterms over this garbage Phone Post
You sir have my VU! Nice! Phone Post 3.0
If you think the ACA, buying insurance from private insurance companies, is socialized medicine you don't know what socialized medicine is. Phone Post 3.0

Trust - 
Primitive Mischief - Because we don't have a universal healthcare system and this was the closest thing we could get in that direction at the moment.

In the worlds greatest society healthcare and education should not be for profit institutions. Phone Post 3.0

Why not?  Do you think people will spend 8 years - after graduating from college -  training to go into medicine so they can volunteer their time and get paid less than..?

How much should doctors make?  

For a start medicine shouldn't be 8 years. Medicine is 6 years in other western countries because it's an udergrad course.

Pill Clinton - And if someone didn't have insurance and got sick. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay for a drs visit 65 Dollars. Them fork out hundreds month after month when your not sick? Phone Post 3.0

Obviously you have insurance to treat things that require more than a dcotor's visit. That should be obvious. If you have to pay cash in hand to get your appendix out you're looking at thousands of dollars.

Ham and Egger - I made a similar thread talking about state and county healthcare systems and two complete fucking idiots chimed in that my county was the only place where these systems were available. I then listed something like 50 of the largest county "free" hospitals in the country and the thread died.

You're an imbecile.

If people didn't respond, it's because they didn't want to argue with an idiot.

Trust -
banco - 
Trust - 
Primitive Mischief - Because we don't have a universal healthcare system and this was the closest thing we could get in that direction at the moment.

In the worlds greatest society healthcare and education should not be for profit institutions. Phone Post 3.0

Why not?  Do you think people will spend 8 years - after graduating from college -  training to go into medicine so they can volunteer their time and get paid less than..?

For a start medicine shouldn't be 8 years. Medicine is 6 years in other western countries because it's an udergrad course.

I don't disagree, but that doesn't answer the question.  

As an aside, though, how would the government make those changes?  Would the federal government  force states to change their  licensing laws?  

As I said before, not that dude, how much should doctors earn is a weird question to ask as other careers which are based in nonprofit industries still earn a living. No one is saying doctors should work for free. Just like cops and fire fighters don't work for free.

Also if education wasn't a for profit business these doctors wouldn't start their careers hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

As for licensing that's a very detailed question of legislature that would obviously be figured out when the time came. I'm sure it's above everyone on the OG's pay grade. Phone Post 3.0

Spending that is the highest in the world per capita yet the average health care of Costa Rica is the reason.

Trust - 
banco - 
Trust - 

As an aside, though, how would the government make those changes?  Would the federal government  force states to change their  licensing laws?  

I've no idea how the Government would make those changes but would nevertheless like to see it done (same should happen to law school and other degrees that are post-grad only in the US).

As for doctor's salaries I think there's scope for putting some downward pressure on them. Although admittedly a 5-10% decrease in real salaries for doctors isn't going to put a huge dent in medical costs.

Trust -
Primitive Mischief - 
Trust -
banco - 
Trust - 

As I said before, not that dude, how much should doctors earn is a weird question to ask as other careers which are based in nonprofit industries still earn a living. No one is saying doctors should work for free. Just like cops and fire fighters don't work for free.

Also if education wasn't a for profit business these doctors wouldn't start their careers hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

As for licensing that's a very detailed question of legislature that would obviously be figured out when the time came. I'm sure it's above everyone on the OG's pay grade. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure that made sense to you, but I'm afraid I don't follow.

how much should doctors earn is a weird question to ask as other careers which are based in nonprofit industries still earn a living. No one is saying doctors should work for free. Just like cops and fire fighters don't work for free.

Are you saying all doctors should be employed by the government?  What do you mean it's a weird question ask? 

The cost of education could be the subject of a whole other thread, easily.  Medical school is 4 yrs, and it is taught by doctors. Just like law school is taught by lawyers.  You have to pay these people to teach, and if you want good doctor-teachers, you have to pay them enough for it to be worth their time.  The cost of medical school is going to be heavily tied to the cost of paying the doctors to teach.   

I'm not sure what you don't understand. I'm saying that making an industry nonprofit doesn't mean people who work in the industry don't make a living. Doctors would be no different.

Fire departments, police departments, doctors who work in the VA, teachers, military, child services social workers... All these jobs are already nonprofit organizations/industries. Universal healthcare would not mean that suddenly doctors wouldn't earn a living or that people would stop being doctors. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Banco. Again. Smoke and mirrors. did i not make it clear talking about a drs visit. Why then are you rambling on about an appendix being removed and thus an emergency. Did you not read where I spoke about emergency Medicaid or medi-cal. Again it is covered. Please try to stay on topic bro. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you all for the educated posts. It really is amazing hearing what you all have to say. I have yet to hear a reason for Obama care in a positive fashion. Really is amazing. And to think this what they push through when facing so many other problems in the world. Thank you again guys and girls. Phone Post 3.0

By the way banco My niece got her appendix removed. It was payed for and covered. She didn't have insurance. Well she got state insurance. Medi-cal So again why do we need Obama care. Phone Post 3.0

Pill Clinton - By the way banco My niece got her appendix removed. It was payed for and covered. She didn't have insurance. Well she got state insurance. Medi-cal So again why do we need Obama care. Phone Post 3.0
So you're for socialized medicine then? I mean medi-cal and all. Phone Post 3.0

Wrong ridgeback. Sorry you sound like a good dude. The fact of that is this doesn't effect medicare. Your right about baby boomers getting older and living longer. The fact is they are all Medicare. We pay in to Medicare now. Out of our checks. Everyone does. This what is paying for them now. Medicare just went through a series of cuts. Cutting billions of dollars over the next ten years. This was to account for the running costs of Medicare and for the future Medicare recipients. Phone Post 3.0

Everyone that works already pays in for your Medicare. Phone Post 3.0

MOAOZINHO - 
Ham and Egger - I made a similar thread talking about state and county healthcare systems and two complete fucking idiots chimed in that my county was the only place where these systems were available. I then listed something like 50 of the largest county "free" hospitals in the country and the thread died.

You're an imbecile.

If people didn't respond, it's because they didn't want to argue with an idiot.

Cool. Now tell me why Im wrong.

Not at all. I think what we have now is better than Obama care. I just don't see the need for young healthy people having to buy something they don't need. We already have system in place. Just to be clear I'm not for socialized medicine. Phone Post 3.0

Second don't see the need to push this aca. When we had so many other issues. And no one wanted it. Just seemed weird. Also looking for a good plausible reason for it in the first place. Other than to push a certain agenda. Phone Post 3.0

Also just for people talking about drs pay. First who goes to school longer? Who has such liability and risk? These people save lives. Go to school longer than anyone and work there adds off. They don't make enough. They are making the same amont as dr 20 years ago. Except there cost have doubled. That's while other subject. Phone Post 3.0