why do you fight ...research for a paper..pls help

one of my students is doing this...any replies would be awesome

Fighting Survey Project

I am starting this project in response to non fighters telling me why people fight MMA. I was told recently that fighters fight to hurt people as if to say that hurting or inficlting pain is the objective of fighting. This isn't the case for me. When I fight in tournaments, I don't think about hurting my foe.

I want to win, not piss him off. I think about submitting him, defending the arm bar, conserving my energy so I can fight 4-5 matches in a short period of time without gasing. That sort of thing, I am going to elaborate later. So I am looking for people to help me by writing about why they fight or train MMA. Any help would be apprecated. You can submit your museings to me, personaly or by email/Facebook. B.D.Brooks@Hotmail.com You can sign your name or be anymous if you wish. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brad.

Why do I Fight/Train? (This question is red because it is the most important question)

Thoughts on Pain?

What is the objective or goal of a competitive or sport fight?

Anything else relavant to the topic?

P.S. I don't care if you fight to hurt people. Go ahead and tell me so. I won't judge you, just because you are a bad person. ;-)

ttt

Why do I Fight/Train?

I love the game. I'm a nerd, and MMA is science. It's all counters to counters to counters. It's such a wide open game that anything can happen. The more you know, the more there is to learn.

Thoughts on Pain?

In the cage, nothing seems to hurt. I'm aware of taking damage, just in an abstract way("Wow...I can see colored sparkles when he hits me, must be hitting me hard.")

I don't usually feel the accumulation of damage until the next day.

A competition is to test your skills. I don't really like hurting people, I NEVER want to cause permanent or serious injury to any opponent.

But, I can't lie, when they lock the cage door, my every intention is to cause damage to the man in there with me, to put him to sleep or make him quit. Because that is the game I love. My opponent has made a voluntary choice to be in there with me, and is aware of the possible consequences.

I fight/train because I love the sport. I love how technical it can be it's like a chess match. Also there are so many varibles no matter how favored someone is ANYTHING can happen in there. As for the rest I think FightMe summed it up perfectly.

FightMeI'mIrish - Why do I Fight/Train?

Thoughts on Pain?

In the cage, nothing seems to hurt. I'm aware of taking damage, just in an abstract way("Wow...I can see colored sparkles when he hits me, must be hitting me hard.")

I don't usually feel the accumulation of damage until the next day.

A competition is to test your skills. I don't really like hurting people, I NEVER want to cause permanent or serious injury to any opponent.

But, I can't lie, when they lock the cage door, my every intention is to cause damage to the man in there with me, to put him to sleep or make him quit. Because that is the game I love. My opponent has made a voluntary choice to be in there with me, and is aware of the possible consequences.

i train so that i can oneday teach my children how to protect themselves. i will never be a great jiujitsu fighter. but maybe i will be a great teacher for my children.

pain in necessary.

it teaches us compassion for our training partners and competitors.

it teaches us to train harder after we feel the pain of defeat.

it teaches us to strengthen our will, our resolve. pain is temporary, and so we learn to fight through the pain.

it teaches us our limits, and forces us to be humble.

it teaches us responsiblity, to protect our partners in training.

pain makes happiness that much sweeter.

cause I can'ts sing and dance too good

Why do I Fight/Train? (This question is red because it is the most important question)

i love competition, and i can't run throw or catch. combat sports were the only thing i was good at. wrestling, then judo/sambo, submission wrestling, then boxing. I'm not violent by any means. actually i work in special ed. so mostly i'm pretty passive

Thoughts on Pain? not a fan, it's not about hurt, it's about winning.

To succeed at a task. my oponent isn't a person so much as an objective.

Anything else relavant to the topic? some guys have to hate the people they fight. fr me it's easier if i don't even humanize him. he is just something standing in my way.

P.S. I don't care if you fight to hurt people. Go ahead and tell me so. I won't judge you, just because you are a bad person. ;-)

sorry double post

I fight because people ask me stupid questions