Why do you think the 3 judges scored for Machida?

It was a very even fight, i wouldnt be too surprised if either won. The thing is Machida is the champ, and if Shogun wants the belt he will have to win decisively without leaving any doubts.

Reminder:

Rosales was the guy who scored Chuck/Jardine for Chuck

Peoples and Hamilton were 2 of the judges who scored Bonnar/Jardine for Bonnar

these people don't score kicks.

I think the judges screwed up, which is no surprise.  I also think they realized it, but it was too late to change anything.

They didn't give enough credit for the damage inflicted.  By the time it was too obvious to ignore, they already had the rounds scored.

Pride did have this right.  Too bad the UFC has to use boxing-type scoring for MMA bouts.  It is so wrong.

D_S_A - Reminder:

Rosales was the guy who scored Chuck/Jardine for Chuck

Peoples and Hamilton were 2 of the judges who scored Bonnar/Jardine for Bonnar

these people don't score kicks.
This as well.  Most of these MMA judges were trained to be boxing judges, they give too much emphasis on punches over kicks and blows to the head over blows to the body and legs.

They dont know how damaging a leg kick or body kick is.

ajc1984 - I think they gave Machida the benefit of the doubt in the first 3 rounds due to his reputation and status as champion. Then by the time it became clear that Shogun was (and had been throughout) winning the fight it was too late to reverse their decision. I blame the scoring system, which for a 3-5 round MMA fight is extremely flawed, more so than the judges, although I definitely think Shogun won.

Incompetent judges and no clear criteria for judging UFC fights.