Why do you train?

Just wondering why everyone trains. Is your focus on competing? Keeping in shape? Having fun? Self defense?

originally it was curiosity. now its fun.

MurdochIRL - Just wondering why everyone trains. Is your focus on competing? Keeping in shape? Having fun? Self defense?

all of the above.

to TRANE

I started to train when I was still in high school.  (about 9 years ago)  Was on the wrestling team and bjj was something "different"

Some where a long the line I became addicted to bjj.  It has become a huge part of my life and my families life.  It sounds cheesey but its what I do!  train 5-6 days a week  and teach class 4 days and no i dont get burned out or sick of it.

I love this sport and Ive meet some of my best friends on the mat (people i never would have meet if it wasnt for the sport)

To keep my innner fatboy from coming out.

I wrote a blog about how BJJ is different things to different people.

http://www.dstryrsg.com/

I love being better then the day before. Thats enough for me.

I'm a gamer at heart and bjj is the best game ever made. I absolutely love the processing and details that go into building a solid game. And just when you think you've figured something out, the game changes and evolves with time so you have to keep at it. Bjj is an infinitely evolving and highly addictive game!

Keeps me sane. And humble.

I want to be able to wear tap out shirts to the bar and say I trane UFC

I have daddy issues.  :(

I just like it.

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the women!

I train in general because I enjoy it. My goal is to be a black belt world champ and I settle for nothing less than being the best.

groundfighter2000 - To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the women!

Is that from Conan the Barbarian?

Dan Hunt - 
groundfighter2000 - To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the women!

Is that from Conan the Barbarian?

Nope, i wrote that down in my training journal before my 1st BJJ class.

Because its more fun than running on a farking treadmill

I like to be man-handled.

Jk thats from Fletch. At first I went in thinking oh cool ill learn some cool shit and kick some ass if I ever get into anymore streetfights (20 yrs old) I was smoking about a pack of ciggs a day and a lot of pot, eating mickey ds and what not.

I was humbled the first night by a 16 yr old kid I outweighed by an easy 70 lbs.

I quit ciggarettes that night and was hooked. Like someone above said it just clicked, never have I tried a sport that I instantly fell in love with.

To stay fit and keep the blues away. Plus to stay ahead of the younger guys in the gym who seem to pick things up without even trying.