Why does Brian Ortega carry a Mexican flag?

quality -
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Plenty of us thought marcus davis was odd. He used to post here though so people played nice.

1 Like
ShanTheMan -
quality -
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Plenty of us thought marcus davis was odd. He used to post here though so people played nice.

He way over did the Irish schitck to a annoying degree.

2 Likes

Because Chinga su Madre cabron! 

2 Likes
quality - 
Raistlin -

Agreed.

Yup. you don’t have people complaining about Rocky being the Italian Stallion.

1 Like

Tito isn't the smartest guy around but he always did it right. USA and Mexico flag. I have no problem with Mexican Americans representing their heritage. But when you fly the flag of another country it's objectively an extreme disrespect to your actual home country.

5 Likes

I don’t see why this is another thread. Fighters have been doing this for decades, we all know why. Nothing has changed. 

Brian Ortega made a choice to come out to Mariachi music 

Same reason Americans are all Irish one day a year and when Conor walks out to a fight. It’s fun. 

2 Likes
Shugum -
ShanTheMan -
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

I agree. I think its silly when guys do that. I know a guy who just assumed he is irish because he is a ginger and actually has an irish flag tattoo. 

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

To pander to Mexicans in hopes of making more money by getting the Mexican fanbase that typically favors boxing.

It's the reason him and every other Mexican who can barely speak a word of spanish does it.

He does speak Spanish though. 

Ortega is fake as hell. I don't care if he flies a Mexican flag or not. His trying to act all 209 all of a sudden is lame as fuck. 

1 Like

Ah, who cares. None of us really know his story and what his motivation is. Seriously, who really gives a flying fuck about this shit, and why do you if you do? 

Here we go again. Same discussion as always.

Just let them carry whichever flag they want who gives a shit about a flag to begin with.

1 Like
PTSDNA -
Underground Feed - 
Tim Duncan - 

Does he even speak the lingo?

He spoke pretty damn fluent in the promo.

For sure, he did a great job of memorizing his lines. Has he given an interview in Spanish yet?

Imagine being such a homo that you see a Latin person speaking Spanish,  says they memorized it, then asks if he has given an interview to oeoblvw he knows it. Bro, you have less Then 800 posts and no interviews but I’m 100% sure you’re a phaggit 

2 Likes
Raistlin -

If Cain’s mom can make fun of his tattoo then so can everybody else.

1 Like

Oh no guys he’s carrying the flag from where his family was born. He must be a traitor and hate America. God I hate fat retarded rednecks.

1 Like
Shugum -
ShanTheMan -
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

Marcus' family is actually Irish though. His grandfather is from Waterford I believe and he's been over here a lot. 

Also Ortega can fly whatever flag he wants. Why is it always the freedom of speech crowd are the first people to bitch and moan when some dude with Mexican heritage flies a Mexican flag? Doesn't mean he hates America, just means he wants to represent his heritage. 

1 Like
Mr Sizzzz -

Modelo

He's took his sponsorship to whole new levels

Raistlin -

He definitely caught shit for the Irish flag shenanigans

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Hardy-on-Marcus-DavisHes-not-Englishnot-Irish:1422411

1 Like