Why does Brian Ortega carry a Mexican flag?

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Hardy-on-Marcus-DavisHes-not-Englishnot-Irish:1422411

1 Like

People on the forums actually had his back now that I've read that thread I linked. It was only hardy throwing shade that I can see so far

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Tito isn't the smartest guy around but he always did it right. USA and Mexico flag. I have no problem with Mexican Americans representing their heritage. But when you fly the flag of another country it's objectively an extreme disrespect to your actual home country.

The beauty of America is that it is a country of immigrants where we are all allowed to be proud of where we, our parents, grandparents and so forth came from. I have no problem with any American who represents or celebrates their culture. 

Shit everone is Mexican on Cinco de Mayo and Irish on St. Patricks Day. I think its great! 

Mexican fans r the most hard-core fans, especially with boxing 

Because he’s an anti-American cunt 

1 Like
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

I doubt marcus could find Ireland in a map.

2 Likes

Why is Rocky Balboa The Italian Stallion? Because in combat sports, fighters very often associate with their cultural background.

1 Like

Y’all do this with every Mexican American fighter, why do you want to mute every other culture? Weird 

1 Like
JOB -

Also Ortega can fly whatever flag he wants. Why is it always the freedom of speech crowd are the first people to bitch and moan when some dude with Mexican heritage flies a Mexican flag? Doesn't mean he hates America, just means he wants to represent his heritage. 

Don’t try and have logic with the maga dorks. 

they think being anti racist is un American as well. 

they think being against cops killing black people is also unAmerican. 

that Mexican flag really confused them. 

1 Like
quality -
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Marcus Davis did get ragged on here about the Irish hand grenade thing and overplaying the Irish angle. 

might wanna get some brown contact lenses too![](upload://twyKOUeFoxkWoTUTVzaQlO5oJlk.jpeg)

1 Like
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Marcus Davis did get ragged on here about the Irish hand grenade thing and overplaying the Irish angle. 

Not saying that this isn’t true, but I have no memory of it going down this way. My memory is that people only started saying this after opposing Cain’s Brown Pride tattoo. My memory is that it was an ex-post-facto attempt to be consistent. Again, I could be wrong.

![](upload://7Xg0pCamZRJnGn6z1QwTE2kQ2UE.jpeg)

Rocky might have called himself the Italian Stallion, but thats not the Italian flag draped over him or on his trunks.

3 Likes
Kid Salami - 

Rocky might have called himself the Italian Stallion, but thats not the Italian flag draped over him or on his trunks.

Yeah–that’s from Rocky IV, though, which was a Cold War propaganda movie.

1 Like
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

Did either of those guys come out with Irish or Croation flags and no American flags?  Fucking traitor.  Go live there and rep it properly and fuck off out of America. 

1 Like
dinkledorf -

Here we go again. Same discussion as always.

Just let them carry whichever flag they want who gives a shit about a flag to begin with.

Only stupid fucking Amrecans say this weird shit.  Can't have any pride here.

I'm Irish, don't speak Galiec.  I'll be damned if i ever rep an Irish flag and shit on the place I call home.

1 Like

Because there's an anti American sentiment in the world today. It's disgusting (I'm not American). 

3 Likes
JOB -
Shugum -
ShanTheMan -
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

Plenty of us thought marcus davis was odd. He used to post here though so people played nice.

He way over did the Irish schitck to a annoying degree.

Marcus' family is actually Irish though. His grandfather is from Waterford I believe and he's been over here a lot. 

Does genetics make you Irish or does growing up in Ireland make you Irish?  Would you be able to talk to Marcus about what it was like in 3rd grade?  Would he be able to discuss the neighborhood he grew up in Ireland.  What about his favorite Irish TV shows?

3 Likes
Kid Salami -

You are right. 

He should have been the American Stalion!

Why does Rocky hate America?!?

Relax. 

Fighting -
dinkledorf -

Here we go again. Same discussion as always.

Just let them carry whichever flag they want who gives a shit about a flag to begin with.

Only stupid fucking Amrecans say this weird shit.  Can't have any pride here.

I'm Irish, don't speak Galiec.  I'll be damned if i ever rep an Irish flag and shit on the place I call home.

Good for you. I guess you are more of an American than Brian. And he is less. So he flies a Mexican flag. 

People need to relax.