Why does Chad keep fighting farther down the ranks

Nik Lentz now. Mendes deserves another shot imo Phone Post 3.0

No body wants l fight him. Can't blame him for taking fights. Phone Post 3.0

They should've had him fight Frankie and let BJ have a tuneup fight at FW.

RileyPust -

Yup Phone Post

The UFC won give Bj easy fights, he costs too much. Phone Post 3.0

RileyPust -

True Phone Post 3.0

They want his youtube knockout highlights to grow more impressively. Phone Post

Would've preferred a fight with Poirier

Was hoping for Cub vs Mendes, and the winner can fight Also after Lamas.

The Butt Faced Assassin - 
RileyPust - 

mendes would never draw way more eyes to TUF than BJ, which is what this is all about. the coaches fighting after is just customary and icing on the viewership cake

I agree, but in my perfect scenario Frankie and Mendes would just fight, and BJ could have his tuneup fight (Lentz, maybe?) without sitting out for TUF. Not that I don't wanna see Frankie vs BJ on TUF, but I'd rather see these matchups happen and establish some contenders first.

I don't know, it's getting pretty fucking silly at this point, though. It's more than clear he's top 3 in the entire division at this point. It's almost like Dana only saw his first fight with Aldo, and how he lost, and suddenly thinks he's not top contender material so they keep giving him lower ranked guys.

No disrespect to BJ intended here, and I'm more than excited for his rematch against Frankie, but the fight to make was Edgar vs Mendes IMHO.

2Fort - I don't know, it's getting pretty fucking silly at this point, though. It's more than clear he's top 3 in the entire division at this point. It's almost like Dana only saw his first fight with Aldo, and how he lost, and suddenly thinks he's not top contender material so they keep giving him lower ranked guys.

No disrespect to BJ intended here, and I'm more than excited for his rematch against Frankie, but the fight to make was Edgar vs Mendes IMHO.

Agreed. Chad going to finish lentz Phone Post

He got knee'd in the face by Aldo big time. UFC needs him to have a big long KO streak going into a rematch in order to sell it. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't Lentz on a reasonable run at FW though? It's not as though this is another UFC debutant or someone coming off a loss Phone Post 3.0

I like how Lentz isn't getting left out of the mix at 145. He's a beast at that weight. Phone Post 3.0

They don't wanna give him a title shot so if he keeps fighting low ranked people then they have a reason as to why he hasn't received one Phone Post 3.0

claw11 - No body wants l fight him. Can't blame him for taking fights. Phone Post 3.0
I believe this. Guy is a clear #2 in my eyes. Phone Post 3.0

I've grown fond of mendes lately. He has improved in leaps and bounds. Phone Post 3.0

You can tell Chad wasn't happy with that loss to Aldo. He's come back like a man possessed and has looked great with 4 straight KOs, 3 of which were under 2 minutes each.

He deserves a big fight, and then a title shot.

Claw11 has it right. Chad is a very dangerous fight for anyone right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Nik Lentz wasn't Joe Silva's first choice. A few other guys may have had "injuries" or wouldn't "be ready" to fight on that event.

He isn't. Lentz is ranked higher than Guida was. Yes Mendes is on a great streak but he hasn't been fighting the elite of the division. Probably because they don't want him to eliminate another contender since he got KO'd in the first round last year by Aldo.

Lentz just beat a couple of tough featherweights, Hacran Dias is really good just doesn't have a name yet. I don't have a problem with this fight. Phone Post