Why does Conor suck at bjj

And stupidest thread of the year goes to.......Voodoo  Chicken

7 Likes
VoodooChicken -

Easily the top 15 worst bjj in the ufc. If his left hand fucks up he is done in a fight. No options. 

Why do you even post, OP ? 

4 Likes
VoodooChicken -

To be fair that video of Conor does nothing to prove me wrong. Didn't even watch but all anyone can come up with is two pieces of grappling that don't look like shit out of all his fights. 

good stuff

Says video does nothing to prove him wrong while admitting to not watching video. I see the troll in the thread just like Conor spotted the snake in the grass on Team Alpha Male!

5 Likes

Conor is not terrible on the ground, but he is not elite, either.  

His TD defense is pretty good.  His sub defense is not so great.

To say he sucks on the ground is just wrong.

3 Likes

OP is delusional 

3 Likes

Blah blah blah . Don't be mad because my boy held the rear naked a few seconds longer to let Conor know who the real man is. 

Edgar will skull fuck him.

Morgz -

If you can nullify Khabib on the ground as much as Conor did, your BJJ/grappling/wrestling is elite period. When khabib got on top of Johnson and Barboza he mauled the shit out of them in horrific 1 sided beatings. Look at Barboza's face compared to Conors. When Khabib got on top of Conor, Khabib struggled immensly just to simply maintain position against Conor. The only time Khabib ever even managed to land any kind of ground and pound on Conor was after he hurt Conor on the feet first. And people forget that Khabib only got the submission, because he dropped against Conor's weight and pulled Conor down with him into a freak scramble which resulted in Khabib taking Conor's back. Daniel Cormier even said that Conor pushed Khabib to his limits. The rematch is going to shock a lot of people. People aren't objective to see that if Khabib hadn't landed 1 punch that changed the entire fight, we are talking about a much different fight in where Conor has already shown that he can stuff Khabib's takedowns and nullfify him on the ground. Conor over Khabib in the rematch will be some of the easiest money ever 

4 Likes

Conor lives rent free in some peoples heads.

3 Likes

I would day he is à legit brown belt in bjj, obviously more no-gi focused. Problem is that Khabib, Nate and Chad have elite level black belt grappling and Conor did not at the time. He held his own but the better grappler tapped him, happens 3 times per training of you actually train. To say he sucks is just stupid, he is (or was) à professional athlete that dedicated 10+ yrs to training, standing and on the ground. Hell, even Eddie Bravo said he came to his gym, asked who his best guys was and held his own against them, and they are pure no-gi killers.

1 Like
CloakedStar -

He would walk into your local gym and maul your instructor. Get a grip you delusional blue belt. He got out grappled by khabib mendes and Nate, all of whom are better than anyone you have ever trained with in no gi 

I dont think he would somehow

jehiah -
CloakedStar - 

He would walk into your local gym and maul your instructor. Get a grip you delusional blue belt. He got out grappled by khabib mendes and Nate, all of whom are better than anyone you have ever trained with in no gi 

This.

Some people here have never trained with high level people, and it shows

Conor is probably decent on the ground, but this is a stretch

ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Morgz -

If you can nullify Khabib on the ground as much as Conor did, your BJJ/grappling/wrestling is elite period. When khabib got on top of Johnson and Barboza he mauled the shit out of them in horrific 1 sided beatings. Look at Barboza's face compared to Conors. When Khabib got on top of Conor, Khabib struggled immensly just to simply maintain position against Conor. The only time Khabib ever even managed to land any kind of ground and pound on Conor was after he hurt Conor on the feet first. And people forget that Khabib only got the submission, because he dropped against Conor's weight and pulled Conor down with him into a freak scramble which resulted in Khabib taking Conor's back. Daniel Cormier even said that Conor pushed Khabib to his limits. The rematch is going to shock a lot of people. People aren't objective to see that if Khabib hadn't landed 1 punch that changed the entire fight, we are talking about a much different fight in where Conor has already shown that he can stuff Khabib's takedowns and nullfify him on the ground. Conor over Khabib in the rematch will be some of the easiest money ever 

I respect how much you love Conor.  I could argue some of those points, but I don't think we'd get anywhere.  I agree with you on some points...Conor's face did look better than Barboza's.  But I don't put a lot of weight into how someone's face looks.  Some guys bust up easier than others.  I can't think of any Diaz fights where they didn't come out looking like they went through hell.  Some were wins, some were losses.   I also agree that 1 big punch in the standup largely dictated how the rest of the fight went.  However, the bottom line is it resulted in Conor tapping to a submission, however it came about leading up to it, he submitted.  I didn't see Khabib struggle at all to maintain top position on Conor.  He looked pretty much how he's looked in all of his fights.  Calm, and in charge on top.  

I do agree the rematch could go differently, and I would NOT be suprised if it did.  I tend to think it would probably look like the first one, but I definately see a path to victory for Conor too.  He's very dangerous.    If he rocks Khabib the way Khabib rocked Conor, we have a different fight, and maybe a different result.

To say Conor is "elite" on the ground, that's a big stretch.  My one gripe with Conor (it's actually more of a gripe with Kavanugh), is Conor staying there rather than training around at some other places that could improve him on the ground.  Conor with a good ground game would be scary -- but he just isn't there yet.

1 Like
VoodooChicken -

The only thing it shows is that you turds are obnoxious. You are assuming things while I'm basing it off of his fights/naga videos. 

whatever

NAGA videos??? Ahahahahahaha are you trolling or forreal? And we’re obnoxious…

Morgz -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Morgz -

I respect how much you love Conor.  I could argue some of those points, but I don't think we'd get anywhere.  I agree with you on some points...Conor's face did look better than Barboza's.  But I don't put a lot of weight into how someone's face looks.  Some guys bust up easier than others.  I can't think of any Diaz fights where they didn't come out looking like they went through hell.  Some were wins, some were losses.   I also agree that 1 big punch in the standup largely dictated how the rest of the fight went.  However, the bottom line is it resulted in Conor tapping to a submission, however it came about leading up to it, he submitted.  I didn't see Khabib struggle at all to maintain top position on Conor.  He looked pretty much how he's looked in all of his fights.  Calm, and in charge on top.  

I do agree the rematch could go differently, and I would NOT be suprised if it did.  I tend to think it would probably look like the first one, but I definately see a path to victory for Conor too.  He's very dangerous.    If he rocks Khabib the way Khabib rocked Conor, we have a different fight, and maybe a different result.

To say Conor is "elite" on the ground, that's a big stretch.  My one gripe with Conor (it's actually more of a gripe with Kavanugh), is Conor staying there rather than training around at some other places that could improve him on the ground.  Conor with a good ground game would be scary -- but he just isn't there yet.

Well, Conor's face looked much much better. Conor received no facial damage at all. He had a barely visible bruise under his eye, and that was about it. For Someone who got ground and pounded as much as Conor supposedly did in round 2 he sure didn't show any of it. Conor was rolling with a lot of those shots, staying calm, blocking many more of those shots off the gloves, or moving just enough to take them off the chest and shoulders. 

About Nate Diaz. It's a bit of a myth that he busts up easily. Hes only been busted up in a select few fights. The big ones were. Thompson which he lost by TKO. Conor 1 which he was getting destroyed in until he caught Conor. I don't recall his face ever being busted up by Henderson, and that was a fight he lost wide. So you can see how Nate was only really busted up in fights where he was getting his ass kicked in. The damage showed that. I get what you're trying to say though. I just disagree about Nate, and Barboza and Conor vs Khabib. Barboza hardly gets busted up too, and he looked like the elephant man after Khabib. Yet Conor looked no where near that, because he defended much better on the ground. But for example, what you are saying definently held true for Gsp. when it came to Gsp you wouldn't want to judge his fights based on facial damage, because he truly did bust up incredibly easily. It should be on a fighter to fighter basis IMO. All fighters are different.

Josh Thompson said that Khabib was getting frustrated with some of the grappling techniques Conor was utilising to defend. Josh Thompson praised the shit out of Conor's wrist control. Khabib absolutely struggled in round 1 to ground and pound Conor, or even maintain position. Every grappling exchange after that wasn't really on an even playing field, because Khabib hurt Conor on the feet with the surprise of the century. Let's be real. In a rematch lightning wont strike twice. But Conor did stuff a shit load of Khabib's takedowns in round 3. If Conor didn't have elite grappling/wrestling Khabib would have treated him like Barboza and yet he didn't even come close to doing so. So that speaks for itself. Someone who Xguard sweeps Nate is elite period too. There have been more then enough instances to show that Conor does have elite grappling/wrestling. I'm no grappling/wrestling expert but highly regarded grapplers like Eddie Brave swear by Conor so that should also be more then enough to show that Conor is indeed elite (and a very elite well rounded fighter). That's all I really wanted to add. Agree with everything else you said. Good post 

1 Like

Btw I Meant to vote you up Morgz, and accidentally hit dislike. It wont let me take it back. my bad lol. I owe you an upvote. I'll vote up your next post 

The thing is Conor's rise to the top was so magical that he set a supernatural bar for himself to live up to.

So any time he looks anything short of divine people will blow it out of proportion and exaggerate. The only thing more underrated than Conor's BJJ is his heart and cardio. 

Went 5 rounds with Nate Diaz while having an injured foot. 99% of fighters would have folded if they were in the position Conor was in the 3rd round. And even if they did have the heart to come back their body wouldn’t have been able to keep going at that pace. The fact that he came back and won the 4th round shows he’s cream of the crop when it comes to both cardio and heart. 

2 Likes
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Btw I Meant to vote you up Morgz, and accidentally hit dislike. It wont let me take it back. my bad lol. I owe you an upvote. I'll vote up your next post 

Haha no worries.  All good man!

1 Like
CloakedStar -

VoodooChicken -

Anyone need a lesson in going to sleep from a choke? I'm training at reners school, come get some.

1 Like

And people wonder why the UG is dying? With great threads like this how could it be dying?!