why does Cyrille diabate has a so good fan base?

not a troll thread...

normally american fans love to hate french fighter such as Kongo or british fighter such as Bisping or others.

while it seems that Cyrille does not have a big fan base but his fan base seems to be quite loyal and also it seems no one really hate him.

so why?

ps : i promise it is my last thread for a long time on Cyrille diabate. I don't want the forum to hate him as much as the english fighters because I would have posted too much about him.

wait, he's french? FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

If he's good enough for you, jujubre, he's good enough for me.

Because he owned Shogun on the feet in Pride. I was a fan after that. The dude knows his stand-up.

holding your own doesn't equal owning someone... and he got STOMPED on the fuckign ground...

Kongo is a kickboxer who would rather lay and pray and hit people in the nuts

it has nothing to do with being french

Cyrille came across as normal and down-to-Earth on TUF, I think that helps a lot. Plus his style

Ensanity - Because he owned Shogun on the feet in Pride. I was a fan after that. The dude knows his stand-up.

this ^

TEAM QUEST BABY!!!!!!!    THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!    GO CYRILLE!!!!!!

nobones - Dude I already want to see him fight Anderson. Or put him in with Rampage.

I actually thing the UFC should build this guy up and hype his Muay Thai/Kickboxing background, then throw him to the wolves when he's comfotable in the cage.  After all, his weakness is the ground game, but where better train when you got Dan Henderson(wrestling), Heath Sims (Wrestling), Sokoudjou (Judo) + many many more throughout all the mutiple Team Quest locations in socal.....

Yep, thats me.  Taught him how to strike with that pin point accuracy...

KenP - Yep, thats me.  Taught him how to strike with that pin point accuracy...

lol

Musashi - Because Cyrille is socially savoy

I didn't realize he was French.........and I was actually starting to like him, pity.

"SNAKE TEAM, WHAT!?"

love the snake! I thought he was f'ed last weekend but the recovery was phenomenal.

D_S_A - Kongo is a kickboxer who would rather lay and pray and hit people in the nuts

Anarkis2 - Cyrille is a pinpoint striker. Whats not to love?

David Lousea lacked explosiveness but would never quit

Patrick Cote lacked explosiveness by had KO power

No one had problems with GSP until he started to LnP

Gerard used to eye gouge people

The one guy on the TUF show said he was going to prove French aren't cowards

People liked the dude Bang knocked out but he had a bad chin.
Canada returned sovereignty to France?

well.... thats why we love stomps...

diabate is a great fighter... always fun to see... glad he finally got his UFC debut...

.. but forget about anderson silva...

To me it's simple. His striking at times looks amazing against real quality guys [Shogun, Cain]. It's electrifing the way he nails these guys. Believe me it's not because he's French.