Why does Dana hate on other promotions

If he really wants to make the sport as big as possible, wouldn't you want to have these smaller promotions out there to help breed new talent rather than him trying to kill all so called competition that really doesn't seem to have any negative affect on the UFC? It's like trying to kill the semi pros Phone Post

It's like he wants everybody to think the UFC is way better than everyone.

Any competing promotion could offer Anderson or GSP a bigger PPV share, acquire them, and run competing shows.

A Bellator PPV with Andy/GSP might draw 30-70% fewer buys than a UFC PPV with them (depending on opponent, marketing, advertising), but Zuffa would be losing its biggest money-makers and control of the fight game.

If I was Dana/Zuffa I would keep doing everything in my power to stop that from happening, wouldn't you?

There's no mistaking the UFC being top dog. It just seems a little childish whining about these promotions that don't do even a 1/4 of the money the UFC makes. Thinking of how they thought strikeforce was a threat and then they took over and posted these gates of a couple hundred thousand or less if I'm right and it seems not very relevant Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I know.  I almost think he doesn't want these other promotions to succeed or something.  Call me crazy.

It's his job homie. Phone Post

Wait... A promoter is promoting his company and not the competitions? Alert the press!!!! Phone Post

He has a small penis.

he's a businessman, he didn't make his millions being nice to his competition.

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I know.  I almost think he doesn't want these other promotions to succeed or something.  Call me crazy.

Lol. I think people still have trouble differentiating between Dana the promoter and Dana just the average guy. Phone Post

It's a good question. The reality is, all businesses/corporations are there to destroy their competition. Same as what happens to an opponent when they enter the Octagon(tm) with UFC fighter Anderson "10-fight-contract/exclusive-UFC-propery" Silva.

There are no friends in Business.

Where most generally have no comment, he will, it's unorthodox but I don't consider what he does as view that other companies to do hold towards their competitors.

In the case with Bellator I dont think he really had much of a thought about them until Spike/Viacom came in the picture. I believe some shady behind the scenes shit has gone on that has pissed him off and not to mention they could become a threat some day do to the amount of money Viacom has. Will they dump it into Bellator who knows but If I were Dana and I had only one real competitor that just hot the jackpot Id start working on a plan to devide and conquer. Phone Post

He goes after the guys that....declare war on them in his eye if you will. Elite, Strikeforce, pride and Bellator.

Really all he does is talk smack, I don't think he goes out of his way to destroy them. Phone Post

I stopped at 'if he wants to make the sport as big as possible'.

Like it's anything but a business to him and the Fertita's.