Why does ISIS behead people?

If ISIS is media savvy enough to send out these vids, they also must now understand that they are having the opposite effect, instead of deterring, they are causing a drone led assault.
So why do it? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.... Phone Post 3.0

they are religious fanatics, intelligence is not a requirement.

What do you mean it's not working, it's doing exactly what it was designed to do....

The only thing I can think is that it's to show they're not afraid of the big state powers.  Allah has told them to do this, and with Allah on their side, the cause is just and right

Smite them at the neck their book says Phone Post 3.0

sillypants - If ISIS is media savvy enough to send out these vids, they also must now understand that they are having the opposite effect, instead of deterring, they are causing a drone led assault.

If you're an extremist subgroup that gains support and legitmacy by conflict and polarizing those around you, having an enemy attack you may help your goal.

That's the theory. You can also occasionally stir up someone that just stomps your ass.

It's almost funny how "cartoonishly bad" they are... 

I mean, they have a black flag, wear black masks, wave scimitars, cut  people's heads off and say things like "Will will destroy you!" --they are like an over the top characature of an evil character.

Because they're a bunch of nancy ass faggots Phone Post 3.0

shen -

It's almost funny how "cartoonishly bad" they are... 

I mean, they have a black flag, wear black masks, wave scimitars, cut  people's heads off and say things like "Will will destroy you!" --they are like an over the top characature of an evil character.

Yeah it's almost like they have been manufactured..... Hmmmm Phone Post 3.0

ees normal

"I behead people because I was brainwashed by my parents" Phone Post 3.0

Be-headings move needles.

All about sensationalism. It gets good ratings and drives traffic.

"Clean off" Phone Post 3.0

desperate cry for attention by people we normally wouldn't give a fuck about

"look at what I'm doing, I'm relevant"

I'm guessing that to them, getting blowed-up is better than being ignored

It's inducing fear. So they don't care, they are willing to die for their cause. Insane bastards Phone Post 3.0

They are a bunch of assholes. Fuck them Phone Post 3.0

sillypants - If ISIS is media savvy enough to send out these vids, they also must now understand that they are having the opposite effect, instead of deterring, they are causing a drone led assault.
The videos are meant to lure us back in. They know we can't "win" and fighting endless wars across the Middle East strains our economy and weakens our country.

That was al Qaeda's strategy as stated by Bin Laden. A strategy learned fighting Russians.

And once again we're doing exactly what our enemies want us to do. Phone Post 3.0

sillypants - If ISIS is media savvy enough to send out these vids, they also must now understand that they are having the opposite effect, instead of deterring, they are causing a drone led assault.
To draw the US into another decade long war that cannot be won because terrorism is an idea, not something you can actually destroy. Phone Post 3.0

Literally: