Why does Jon Jones have a tattoo?

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28 (NKJV)

while this is out of context, it does say that in the bible.

leviticus is from the old testament and in my opinion, kind of outdated. this passage is more in reference to the markings and cuttings "peoples of the east and south" were practicing as a form of idol worship or superstition, and mourning rites. it is also seen as modifying God's own work so it's easy to see why it's in there i guess. leviticus also includes a verse about not cutting your hair or beard for the same reason. it is also directed towards the Israelites.

Jones' tattoo i think is a biblical verse so it is unfortunately ironic, but it is understandable that as a Christian he is showing his commitment through a permanent mark of his faith with a tattoo. i'm not really sure whether or not a Christian in the modern world is supposed to follow levitical law down to the letter as i'm not a Christian. i don't really know all the ins and outs of it but it's still a pretty cool tattoo and i think the idea of going "haha, jon if u christian y u do dat?" is pretty stupid

what do you think his reasons for having the tattoo are and do you think it is not ok?

And this is why the UG is going down the shitter. Phone Post

dummythrust - while this is out of context, it does say that in the bible.

leviticus is from the old testament and in my opinion, kind of outdated. this passage is more in reference to the markings and cuttings "peoples of the east and south" were practicing as a form of idol worship or superstition, and mourning rites. it is also seen as modifying God's own work so it's easy to see why it's in there i guess. leviticus also includes a verse about not cutting your hair or beard for the same reason. it is also directed towards the Israelites.

Jones' tattoo i think is a biblical verse so it is unfortunately ironic, but it is understandable that as a Christian he is showing his commitment through a permanent mark of his faith with a tattoo. i'm not really sure whether or not a Christian in the modern world is supposed to follow levitical law down to the letter as i'm not a Christian. i don't really know all the ins and outs of it but it's still a pretty cool tattoo and i think the idea of going "haha, jon if u christian y u do dat?" is pretty stupid

what do you think his reasons for having the tattoo are and do you think it is not ok?

you sir ain't no dummy, voted up

I think the bible is only really against tramp stamps. Phone Post

Also under the tattoo verse it says not to shave the sides of your heads. No more fades either.

The Mammoth - And this is why the UG is going down the shitter. Phone Post

come to the OG fren Phone Post

Does this mean I get to dust off my stoning rocks?!

PLEASE TELL ME YES!!!! Phone Post

MentaL -  christians are not permitted to eat pork either.

Somewhat true, just not allowed to be "seen" eating pork.  You don't know how many times I've eaten bacon in a closet or bathroom stall.

Hard to see a tattoo on black skin. Phone Post

Weird, that passage isn't in my bible. Plus Jon isn't a Jew so levitican law doesn't apply. Phone Post

OriginalTUFer - Getting a tattoo is the moral equivalent of trimming your sideburns, according to Leviticus.

He fine. Phone Post

This. Women Also can't wear pants, red, or jewelry.
Also they are
Supposed to cover their hair Phone Post

ummmmmmmmmmmmm bc he is not a levite u dumbass.. u anti bible thumpers should educate yourself. stop reading the bible thru a modernized american lense.

Oh and Jesus had a thigh tattoo...

On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. (Revelation 19:16 ESV)

End thread Phone Post

Oh look...another pathetic individual trying to make himself feel better by dissecting yet another aspect of JBJ.

Now it's his tattoo.

pssssst......he still trainwrecks the entire division, DESTROYS ALL YOUR HEROES, and he's not letting go of that belt. Deal with it....oh wait, I guess that's what this thread is.

lol

Dan O'Connell - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28 (NKJV)

Looked .. turned round and slammed door shut... What a load of shite. .. Phone Post

There's so much stuff in the bible about what we aren't supposed to do, much of it isn't pertinent since we don't own slaves or many goats nowadays. But (many) Christians believe that with Jesus and his atonement, that stuff in the Old Testament became invalid. In Matthew Jesus states, and I'm paraphrasing, that it isn't what a person eats that defiles him, it's what comes out of his mouth.

What a fresh topic!

Seriously, there's so much legit shit to bag on Jones about that this hokey garbage seems like a reverse-troll...or would the term be double-troll?

, Phone Post

0.5/10