Why does Jon Jones have a tattoo?

I thought he got the tattoo because he really likes The Philippines. Phone Post

The tattoo is a reference to:

"I shall do all things through Him (Greg) who strengthens me".

Jon Jones might be the antiChrist. Notice how he preaches Biblical values and glorifying God but all the while if you look closely is really undermining those same values. He is a deciever.

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
XxLiveBaitxX - The tattoo is a reference to:

"I shall do all things through Him (Greg) who strengthens me".

lol. I was going to post basically the same thing.

I can do all things through Greg who strategizes for me. Except beat a MW on 8 days notice.

You have my +1 vote sir.

If a Christian wants to do something he can find it in the bible somewhere to justify it. If not he will just say he is sorry after he is done doing such action. Fact. Phone Post

That verse is from the old law for the Jews during the old testament. The law and covenant changed when Christ was resurrected.

Thats the super dumbed down answer Phone Post

ironing gif

I am suspicious of people who flaunt their faith or make it a part of their marketing. Especially when they act in an untoward manner when the cameras are off.

I don't care what faith anyone chooses. In my opinion it is a private matter and has no place in the public eye. Why do I need to know you are a Christian? Or a Jew? Or an atheist? (insert clause for Islam, I want to know that, just in case).

You will not know what faith I am unless you ask me face to face in private.

I don't want to hear why your god makes you so good, and then see your behavior run contrary.

Keep it to yourself and go about your business. Phone Post

Cuz he believes in Jeesus is the son of god... as silly as that is

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 

The dude knocked up his g/f twice without marrying her and a tattoo is the biggest fault you can find with his biblical righteousness?? Phone Post

LOL!

Dan O'Connell - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28 (NKJV)

His tattoo is not "for the dead" . His tattoo does not violate anything.

Learn wtf the verse means before you tell others what you think it means.

#believeinchael Phone Post

He has a tattoo since he wants to be the best fighter in the world. Calo clearly has proven the best fighters have tats. Phone Post

Dan O'Connell - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28 (NKJV)

Why does the Vatican possess billions of dollars in gold and art artifacts and why are there multimillion dollar churches in the US when the bible decries materialism and monetary amassment. The obvious answer would be that Jones was either unaware of the biblical prohibition on tattoos or more likely simply disregarded biblical script like most self-proclaimed religious people do when the proscribed teachings don't comport with the manner in which they wish to live their lives.

I'm not Christian, but I was under the impression that the whole "died for the sins of man" thing and the New Testament renders Leviticus more or less void. I'm pretty sure Nike makes appeal with mixed fibers as well though if anyone wants to continue this line of reasoning. Phone Post

He is from the Phillipines. He has a right to represent that.

LOL at the Philippines comments!  Well played! :) 

For anyone who's actually interested in the answer as to why Christians can get tattoos, eat pork, or other things that are forbidden in the Torah (1st five books of the Bible), see the first video on this page over at Disciple Dojo called "Do Christians Keep the Ten Commandments??" - http://jmsmith.org/store/tough-questions/

Is this fucking thread for real?

dummythrust - while this is out of context, it does say that in the bible.

leviticus is from the old testament and in my opinion, kind of outdated. this passage is more in reference to the markings and cuttings "peoples of the east and south" were practicing as a form of idol worship or superstition, and mourning rites. it is also seen as modifying God's own work so it's easy to see why it's in there i guess. leviticus also includes a verse about not cutting your hair or beard for the same reason. it is also directed towards the Israelites.

Jones' tattoo i think is a biblical verse so it is unfortunately ironic, but it is understandable that as a Christian he is showing his commitment through a permanent mark of his faith with a tattoo. i'm not really sure whether or not a Christian in the modern world is supposed to follow levitical law down to the letter as i'm not a Christian. i don't really know all the ins and outs of it but it's still a pretty cool tattoo and i think the idea of going "haha, jon if u christian y u do dat?" is pretty stupid

what do you think his reasons for having the tattoo are and do you think it is not ok?

this, the word Tattoo was from the translated text, and the marks from the dead was referring to the sharp rocks that would be covered in ash and used to cut your skin, leaving behind the ash as a "mark for the dead"... Phone Post

Because he once said he would never get a tattoo

UGCTT_Fillthy -
Nameless1 - 
Dan O'Connell - "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28 (NKJV)

His tattoo is not "for the dead" . His tattoo does not violate anything.

Learn wtf the verse means before you tell others what you think it means.

#believeinchael Phone Post

Actually, it is.

It was his deceased sister's favorite verse, and he got it in memory of her.

If so, it's still not the point or relevant to the initial meaning of the misquoted verse. Phone Post