Why does the US care that Crimea annexed itself?

Is there a legit reason why the US cares Crimea wants to join Russia? Just playing team America? Phone Post 3.0

I dont.

I'm guessing we (and NATO) don't want Russia expanding at all. Starts off small with Crimea, then who knows.

Crimea did not annex itself. Russian provocateurs & KGB did.

Owning Sevastopol gives Russia a key port, which massively increases their influence in teh region.  That's really the only reason.

couldn't have pointed out crimea on a map... now that its part of russia again i win!

Because it was taken over by military force? Should we be cool with letting countries take over other countries by force now? Phone Post 3.0

microbiologynerd - 

couldn't have pointed out crimea on a map... now that its part of russia again i win!

mbn brings up an excellent point.  This consolidation definitely helps out those of us that are geographically impaired.

Because the whole ballot was a farce, there was not an option for them to be left alone. Not saying that makes in our business but let's not pretend that they had a choice. Phone Post 3.0

Tidbits - Crimea did not annex itself. Russian provocateurs & KGB did.
God you're a moron. Phone Post 3.0

We need to fix the problems at home before we start trying to fix problems abroad. This country is spreading itself waaaay to thin. All US can give on the situation is hollow threats of sanctions, but Russia is pretty self sufficient so they're like cue the Matt Sera .gif.

NORESPECT - Because it was taken over by military force? Should we be cool with letting countries take over other countries by force now? Phone Post 3.0
Hardly. Vast majority of people in the region support the change. Phone Post 3.0

US is the first to preach for self determination. Oh wait... Until it's not in their best interest. Then fuck that shit. Phone Post 3.0

Meat_Gazer1911 - So all the libs that called Bush a war criminal are mad at Putin now. So send them over to stop him, let's see how that goes. lol

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. ARE War Criminals as is Obama.

Very few people in America knew where Sudetenland was or cared that much when Hitler took it over.

But the resulting chaos eventually spills over and results in Americans being turned into fertilizer same as always.

Not that much changes, people really never learn :-/

Am I the only one that things we should stay out of other countries affairs?

With 130 military bases around that world is kind of hard I guess especially when we got senators like McCain dreaming of nuclear war at every small regional conflict.

im_MLT -
NORESPECT - Because it was taken over by military force? Should we be cool with letting countries take over other countries by force now? Phone Post 3.0
Hardly. Vast majority of people in the region support the change. Phone Post 3.0
I would support it too if I was surrounded by foreign invading soldiers. Phone Post 3.0

Because we signed a treaty to protect them 1994 in exchange for them giving up the third largest stockpile nuclear weapons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

fanat - Am I the only one that things we should stay out of other countries affairs?

With 130 military bases around that world is kind of hard I guess especially when we got senators like McCain dreaming of nuclear war at every small regional conflict.
agreed Phone Post 3.0

Meat_Gazer1911 - 
Tidbits - 
Meat_Gazer1911 - So all the libs that called Bush a war criminal are mad at Putin now. So send them over to stop him, let's see how that goes. lol

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. ARE War Criminals as is Obama.

What about Colonoscopy Powell?

Powell could be considered an accomplice.