Why doesn't DC ever put his hooks in?

When DC is on someone's back he likes to just ride them and control them while punching instead of putting his hooks in and flattening them out and it confuses me a bit. Is that just the style he and Cain like or am I missing something?

i think that's an aka thing

BrianStannFan - When DC is on someone's back he likes to just ride them and control them while punching instead of putting his hooks in and flattening them out and it confuses me a bit. Is that just the style he and Cain like or am I missing something?

prolly personal preference.  some guys would rather have the ability to scramble vs risking the control the hooks allow.

His hooks are too short.

StrikingMMA - His hooks are too short.
That. He's 5'10 (stood next to him) at HW and 205. He isn't long enough to control effectively from that position. Phone Post 3.0

He doesn't need to. Phone Post 3.0

MyGodThisMMA - 
That. He's 5'10 (stood next to him) at HW and 205. He isn't long enough to control effectively from that position. Phone Post 3.0

haha lack of "hooks" never thought of that.

guys in mma are so used to defending the hooks, spiral rides and other wrestling hold downs are becoming more effective

It's called a cockleburr. WRESTLING.

OP, can you give us a reason for why he would put them in?

Your comment suggests he would be better off putting them in. Where exactly would ha gain an advantage were he to do it?

MyGodThisMMA -
And his legs are wider than they are long Phone Post 3.0

DC did it to tony johnson in king of the cage IIRC

Cain doesnt either. Neither does Aldo. I think they dont want to commit to a potential scramble and risk ending up on bottom when they do have to.

GSP used to do it a lot as well, it just gives them more control

nocawk - i think that's an aka thing
They teach them to not even go for submissions. They just want them to our wrestle guys and break them by winning every scramble, controlling the guy positionally and then to break his will with punches. Their bjj class for pro fighters doesn't even really teach submissions. Just positional dominance and control.

I'm tired of all these purple and brown belts in pajamas criticizing world class wrestlers grappling in terms of fighting. Their agenda and plan is not bjj based at all Phone Post 3.0

mada - Because he knows if he commits to taking the back he stands a much higher chance of losing position than if he rides. I think you see that a lot more with bigger guys where the mindset is don't be on bottom under any circumstances. Phone Post 3.0
It's a good mentality for mma Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle -

guys in mma are so used to defending the hooks, spiral rides and other wrestling hold downs are becoming more effective

They have always been more effective when applied properly. Phone Post 3.0

failure at life - 
nocawk - i think that's an aka thing
They teach them to not even go for submissions. They just want them to our wrestle guys and break them by winning every scramble, controlling the guy positionally and then to break his will with punches. Their bjj class for pro fighters doesn't even really teach submissions. Just positional dominance and control.

I'm tired of all these purple and brown belts in pajamas criticizing world class wrestlers grappling in terms of fighting. Their agenda and plan is not bjj based at all Phone Post 3.0

To be fair to them, it must be hard to realize you are in a cult. Think of all the money and time spent on different pairs of pajamas, okra, acai, practicing a fake Brazilian accent, buying GJJ bumper stickers and tattooes, etc.

They want to feel like they were making the right choice all these years. To find out wrestling is king is to say they've been wasting their time and too stubbornly stupid to see it.

In the meantime, wrestlers/judoka and strikers are snatching all the belts. The guard is dead. Gi BJJ is dead.

Wasa-B - Cain doesnt either. Neither does Aldo. I think they dont want to commit to a potential scramble and risk ending up on bottom when they do have to.

aldo does it for sure. He flattened out mike brown with hooks and stopped the fight that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRubxyIURg

^DC puts hooks in and finishes fight