Why doesn't Gsp Vs McG get tossed around more?

Honest question. McGregor is at 170 at the moment coming off a win. George's went out on top at 185 but has admittedly dropped size since then on purpose. I can only vouch for myself but as a lifelong fight fan I have no interest in the McG vs Khabib 2 right now. I want TFerg and Khabib more then any other 155 matchup. 

GSP vs McG as a main event on an end of the year card. I mean come on take my money please. Plus it sets up huuuge money fights down the road either way and no matter the outcome you still get your McG Vs Khabib 2. Win, win, win win

GSP vs Khabib is a bigger fight.

If Conor had beaten Khabib, we'd all be talking about GSP vs Conor, but that's not the way it played out.  Khabib smashed Conor.  He's unbeaten and his GnP draws comparisons to GSP.  So the world is wondering, who is the better GSP?

I'm not against seeing GSP vs Conor, but GSP vs Khabib is the real fight.

5 Likes

Conor would only take that fight on his retirement money train.

GSP would make him look more helpless then Khabib did. Not good for business.

5 Likes
wiggum - Conor would only take that fight on his retirement money train.

Conor has mentioned this fight, GSP keeps his dog mouth shut. He knows the first left clip brings a bad Serra flashback.

1 Like

Other than name value, Conor has nothing for Georges.

2 Likes

Conor would get killed. Can't see an interest 

1 Like

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see GSP vs Conor.  It's got that old "can Conor KO GSP on the way in" vibe.

But serious question.  Would GSP take this fight?  It seems like he's only interested in title fights, ... I feel dirty for saying it, but "challenging fights".  I'm picturing him saying no for the same reasons he (apparently) said no to a Nate fight.

I wish GSP would come back for a run of 3 fights at 155.  Not that he needs to, but there'd be no arguments as to whether he's the GOAT if he took out Khabib, Tony and Conor.

wiggum - Conor would only take that fight on his retirement money train.

We have a winner!

Conor wants his legacy to exceed GSP's even if it is a legacy that he can build on smoke and mirrors. A loss to a retired/semi-retired GSP while Conor is still active does the opposite of what he desires. 

2 Likes

Cuz we know GSP would dog him

2 Likes
jgiveshead -

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see GSP vs Conor.  It's got that old "can Conor KO GSP on the way in" vibe.

But serious question.  Would GSP take this fight?  It seems like he's only interested in title fights, ... I feel dirty for saying it, but "challenging fights".  I'm picturing him saying no for the same reasons he (apparently) said no to a Nate fight.

Gsp would take that fight 100%.

He doesnt care about title fights per se...he just refuses to come back to fight unless it's a BIG fight.  We know GSP can get a title shot the second he asks for it.  He walked away twice w belts around his waist 

2 Likes
RenatoCocopreta - 

Conor has mentioned this fight, GSP keeps his dog mouth shut. He knows the first left clip brings a bad Serra flashback.

Conor mentions a lot of fights.

In the end, he gets the fights he actually wants. There is a reason why he didn’t fight Frankie on his run. And there is a reason that he doesn’t fight GSP.

3 Likes

GSP would run a clinic on mcnugget. It wouldn't make it out of the first round. 

Why are people interested in Conor vs anyone in the upper realm? 

He ain't got what it takes to beat the best. Only the best handpicked opponents.

1 Like
RenatoCocopreta -

Cue Shawn Michaels slurping cock and tickling balls gif.

1 Like

I’m a huge GSP fan, but his time is done. He has been mostly inactive for almost 10 years, and was never the same after he blew out his knee the first time. There was a clear drop in ability during his first 3-fight comeback.

Deep down everyone knows GSP is the GOAT and would annihilate McG, I really don't think he'd have ANYTHING to offer him. Not even the fanniest of Conor fanboys want that one to actually happen. 

As a McG fan, it’s not really a fight that gets me excited.  I’d rather see him fight top 5 in lightweight.  VS GSP is a one-off & I’d just rather see him be active against contenders.  Plus GSP’s in his last half of career wasn’t fun or fan friendly.  And if Conor beat him they’d just say GSP is old & retired.

BJTT-BigDaddy -

Deep down everyone knows GSP is the GOAT and would annihilate McG, I really don't think he'd have ANYTHING to offer him. Not even the fanniest of Conor fanboys want that one to actually happen. 

I mean shit happens in fights...  I didn’t think Serra was going to catch him but it happened.  GSP is older & has plenty of miles on him.  Everyone’s reflexes slow down.

Gsp could wrestle fuck conor even if he blew his knee out on the walk to the cage. He can stand up with him too