Why doesn't Gsp Vs McG get tossed around more?

Because this isn’t boxing. 

They don’t make fights that would have 1 fighter at -2000 or more odds

inf0 -

Why are people interested in Conor vs anyone in the upper realm? 

He ain't got what it takes to beat the best. Only the best handpicked opponents.

‘He ain’t got what it takes to beat the best’

He dethroned the universally agreed no.1 p4p fighter in the world, and in 13 seconds. And is a former two division UFC champion. 

I’m sure you dislike the guy (a lot), but being deliberately obtuse isn’t a good look...

1 Like
jgiveshead -

GSP vs Khabib is a bigger fight.

If Conor had beaten Khabib, we'd all be talking about GSP vs Conor, but that's not the way it played out.  Khabib smashed Conor.  He's unbeaten and his GnP draws comparisons to GSP.  So the world is wondering, who is the better GSP?

I'm not against seeing GSP vs Conor, but GSP vs Khabib is the real fight.

GSP v Khabib is a huge fight, but would result in one of the most one sided beatdowns we’ve ever seen. Think GSP v Koscheck in terms of tactics.

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
inf0 -

Why are people interested in Conor vs anyone in the upper realm? 

He ain't got what it takes to beat the best. Only the best handpicked opponents.

‘He ain’t got what it takes to beat the best’

He dethroned the universally agreed no.1 p4p fighter in the world, and in 13 seconds. And is a former two division UFC champion. 

I’m sure you dislike the guy (a lot), but being deliberately obtuse isn’t a good look...

Right.

Lots of overhype with Conor. But, the guys has wins over Jose Aldo, Eddie Alvarez, Chad Mendes, Nate Diaz, and Cowboy and a green Dustin Porrier and Max Holloway.

That’s a great record.

1 Like
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
jgiveshead -

If Conor had beaten Khabib, we'd all be talking about GSP vs Conor, but that's not the way it played out.  Khabib smashed Conor.  He's unbeaten and his GnP draws comparisons to GSP.  So the world is wondering, who is the better GSP?

GSP v Khabib is a huge fight, but would result in one of the most one sided beatdowns we’ve ever seen. Think GSP v Koscheck in terms of tactics.

Hey you're preaching to the choir, man.  It's still the best fight in terms of seeing the best fighting the best.  Any other matchup for GSP or Khabib is just the UFC protecting Khabib/their investment.

1 Like
Vikingknee -

Gsp could wrestle fuck conor even if he blew his knee out on the walk to the cage. He can stand up with him too 

Admittedly I'd be curious to see whether GSP tries to stand with Conor.  To state the obvious: Conor has a GREAT chance of knocking out GSP.  In contrast, GSP has about a thousand different ways to beat Conor.

jgiveshead -

I think Georges would finish Conor from top.

wiggum -
jgiveshead -

I think Georges would finish Conor from top.

I don’t doubt it. He’s the best we’ve ever seen. Age catches up with everyone, but I still think GSP takes it handily; McGregor or Khabib.

Gsp loved taking what you do best and doing it better. At this stage in his career I think he would stand with him and try to win by outstriking. Gsp is a great ambassador for the sport and usually pretty humble but his legacy ego would drive him to stand and strike I think.

Because Conor would get tossed around.

To Quit Does Not Exist - 

Gsp loved taking what you do best and doing it better. At this stage in his career I think he would stand with him and try to win by outstriking. Gsp is a great ambassador for the sport and usually pretty humble but his legacy ego would drive him to stand and strike I think.

There are many, many fights where GSP did not do this.

He kept the Shields fight standing, and wrestled Alves, Hardy, and Condit.

1 Like

Conor has no business being in the cage with GSP.

Would not even be competitive IMHO.

william795 - 
BJTT-BigDaddy -

Deep down everyone knows GSP is the GOAT and would annihilate McG, I really don't think he'd have ANYTHING to offer him. Not even the fanniest of Conor fanboys want that one to actually happen. 

I mean shit happens in fights...  I didn’t think Serra was going to catch him but it happened.  GSP is older & has plenty of miles on him.  Everyone’s reflexes slow down.

The rematch with Serra was far more representative of each of their abilities. The first fight was a once in a hundred or more occurrence.

Yes Serra won one, but he is/was not near to GSPs level.

Why bother. It's the last fight Dana would make. His boy smothered by somebody else.

Dryfly - Conor has no business being in the cage with GSP.

Would not even be competitive IMHO.

I mean it sort of makes sense why they won’t book GSP against Conor or Khabib.  He’s the one guy who for sure puts the last nail in the UFC coffin.

Dryfly -
william795 - 
BJTT-BigDaddy -

Deep down everyone knows GSP is the GOAT and would annihilate McG, I really don't think he'd have ANYTHING to offer him. Not even the fanniest of Conor fanboys want that one to actually happen. 

I mean shit happens in fights...  I didn’t think Serra was going to catch him but it happened.  GSP is older & has plenty of miles on him.  Everyone’s reflexes slow down.

The rematch with Serra was far more representative of each of their abilities. The first fight was a once in a hundred or more occurrence.

Yes Serra won one, but he is/was not near to GSPs level.

Absolutely.  But he can get caught.  He was looking slower & more beatable each fight towards the end of his career.  And let’s not act like Big Rig didn’t beat him.  I was glad they gave it to him but he lost.