Why Doesn't Hector Lombard Get Title Shot?

He destroyed Nate Marquardt, he retired Jake Shields from the UFC, since he moved down to 170 no-one wants to fight him, they are having to bring in Josh Berkman to fight this guy just to get him a fight....

If he destroys Berkman (which he probably will, but it's anyones chance as you all know), then what?

Hendricks or Diaz(lol) will get the next shot, meanwhile Rory will easily outstrike Lombard to a decision in a #1 contender fight

Lombard is the uncrown champ, and he's coming for that belt Phone Post 3.0

After Hector runs through Burkman, Rory vs. Hector for that title.

Would say Hector vs. Woodley but it's obvious T Wood wants nothing to do with that. Phone Post 3.0

Because Lombard has the cardio of Andre the Giant. He is super explosive and can knock anyone out in the first round but if someone is able to weather the storm he is very beatable. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a number one contender fight after Burkman but as of right now, Rory and Hendricks are ahead of him.

Lombard destroys all! I think its funny how people discredit Hector for losing a close dec to Okami who mind you was a title contender and one the top MW in the world for nearly 5 years! At 170 Hector is an animal and he he would batter Hendricks, and Rory. Hector should get the next shot but he won't, I'm a huge fan of Lawler but Hector decapites him in under 3...

PPV points imo Phone Post 3.0

Should do Lombard vs hendricks 3

with Lombard vs Rory as the co main. Winner of that gets title shot no matter what happens.

MAINMAYNARD - PPV points imo Phone Post 3.0

They definitely like to keep him on Fox. That dude is getting paid regardless.

I like the Rory vs Hector fight. A fan of both but I still see story winning it. I see him playing range(jabs/kicks) for the first round and then start getting a little more up tempo after Hector starts wilting a bit.

However, a Hector has that power that could definitely give Rory problems.

Great Fight imo. Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 - NO one wants a piece of Lombard. He will be undefeated at WW. Unless someone can LNP him no one beats him.

settle down, he caught a guy with OK striking (who got destroyed standing by tarec saffeidine, who, incidentally, rory macdonald just picked apart), and beat up a guy with possibly the worst striking in MMA right after that. before that he was stifled by tim boetsch and yushin okami. however, he did KO palhares, so that is something.

he's got great pecs though and very well sculpted arms and abs, so we'll see how things play out against burkman

he doesn't move the needle

RonFoster77 - 

Lombard destroys all! I think its funny how people discredit Hector for losing a close dec to Okami who mind you was a title contender and one the top MW in the world for nearly 5 years! At 170 Hector is an animal and he he would batter Hendricks, and Rory. Hector should get the next shot but he won't, I'm a huge fan of Lawler but Hector decapites him in under 3...

He is just way too passive in his fights, probably because he is conserving his energy. I thought he beat Boetsch but his inactivity cost him in that one. The Shields fight was very similar, threw a few combos and had highlight reel judo throws, rest of the fight he wasn't doing anything on the feet and literally laying on top of Shields on the ground.

5 rounders against guys like Hendricks, Lawler, Rory, Condit will be a nightmare for him. Even Shlemenko, a very small MW was starting to get the better of Hector in the championship rounds and Hector was laying on top of him doing nothing to win the rounds barely.

Hector definitely does have the ability to KO anyone at WW, so he could become champ easily though. If he has to go 5 rounds with the top 5 guys at WW, I don't see him winning most of those fights.

Brockback Mountain - Should do Lombard vs hendricks 3

with Lombard vs Rory as the co main. Winner of that gets title shot no matter what happens.
U must hate Lombard Phone Post 3.0

I totally agree. Except I wanna see Lombard vs Hendricks 1 and 2 first. Phone Post 3.0

BirdWatcher - 
Lick Boners - Hector definitely does have the ability to KO anyone at WW, so he could become champ easily though. If he has to go 5 rounds with the top 5 guys at WW, I don't see him winning most of those fights.
Sounds a lot like Jonny. Phone Post 3.0

True that, lol. Johny did beat Robbie both times IMO and deserved that GSP decision. Condit would've put it on him if there was 2 more rounds and I'd pick Rory against Hendricks too.

Johny does have a great gas tank though, something Hector does not

Pitbull3744 - 
sekundarburnes - 
Pitbull3744 - NO one wants a piece of Lombard. He will be undefeated at WW. Unless someone can LNP him no one beats him.

settle down, he caught a guy with OK striking (who got destroyed standing by tarec saffeidine, who, incidentally, rory macdonald just picked apart), and beat up a guy with possibly the worst striking in MMA right after that. before that he was stifled by tim boetsch and yushin okami. however, he did KO palhares, so that is something.

he's got great pecs though and very well sculpted arms and abs, so we'll see how things play out against burkman

We can bump this when what i said comes true.

Shy guy when people makes posts like that about Hectors cardio it shows they dont really know what they are saying but just regurgitating what everyone else says.

Hector went 5 rounds no problem with the Strom and 3 rounds with Shields who is a monster and Hector beat him at his own game. He KOd Palhares with ease almost KOd Okami and Boetsch.

He is the real deal no discrediting him.

well, while his fight against shields was impressive, as i said before, shields has the worst striking in professional MMA - literally. lombard is certainly a beast, but if he were as G as his hypeboys claim, he would have KO'd shields.

schlemenko is small and not very good, and he took lombard, as you point out, 5 rounds.

as for palhares, that's a good win. he messed him up (broken foot or not).

as for boetsch and okami, lombard lost those fights. so "almost knocking them out" is impressive but he lost.

just put aside his physique and aura and examine his skill set. few kicks, good boxing, no head movement, lots of power, short arms, great judo, good takedown defense, good jiu jitsu. rory macdonald will not have a hard time with him, and i welcome you to bump this when that fight happens.

thaVANILLA Gorilla - 

I totally agree. Except I wanna see Lombard vs Hendricks 1 and 2 first. Phone Post 3.0

lombard vs hendricks 1 and 2 are in the prelims so you might need fightpass to watch

Lombard's win over Palhares is getting more and more impressive as time goes on.