Why Doesn't Titan FC (Among Others) Have Belts?

Since their official name is Titan Fighting Championships, isn't "championships" supposed to mean titles/belts in the various weight classes?

Then again, they don't seem to be the only organization that does this - or should I say, doesn't do this.

And didn't Titan used to be owned by Bellator - or even still is?

I think it probably revolves around the fact that they dont want to be tied to any certain fighter. If they emphasize belts and champions then they are bound to deal with them financially, contractually, etc. Its easier for a promoter of a farm show to simply but together great fight cards with lots of different fighters than be reliant on the 'champs' to take up their airtime. 

maybe the champ is boring as fuck but they are obligated to continue the belt. Instead they can match up fights for style and entertainment.

zealot66 -  I think it probably revolves around the fact that they dont want to be tied to any certain fighter. If they emphasize belts and champions then they are bound to deal with them financially, contractually, etc. Its easier for a promoter of a farm show to simply but together great fight cards with lots of different fighters than be reliant on the 'champs' to take up their airtime. 

maybe the champ is boring as fuck but they are obligated to continue the belt. Instead they can match up fights for style and entertainment.

Yeah I agree with this format for orgs like Titan, why have a world champ that clearly isn't one. Phone Post