Why Don't People Make Heroin Here in the USA?

It's not illegal to farm poppies is it?

So why doesn't someone here in the USA just make a 10 acre poppy field, ship that shit to Nebraska and turn it into heroin?

They could ship the poppy pods inside chicken batter Phone Post 3.0

I've actually seriously wondered this about both heroin and cocaine. You never hear them being produced anywhere but the same couple places. Phone Post 3.0

Because it is a ton of work to cut the pods and collect the drips.  That's the kind of thing you can only make profitable with a large super-cheap labor force.  It's not like picking coca leaves.

Laziest DEA agent eva... Phone Post 3.0

Yes kids. You're not cool if you don't do drugs!

:D

RefriedJinx - It's not illegal to farm poppies is it?

So why doesn't someone here in the USA just make a 10 acre poppy field, ship that shit to Nebraska and turn it into heroin?

They could ship the poppy pods inside chicken batter Phone Post 3.0

Actually yes it is.

ravenman2000 -

Because it is a ton of work to cut the pods and collect the drips.  That's the kind of thing you can only make profitable with a large super-cheap labor force.  It's not like picking coca leaves.

Pretty much this, it takes a ton of it and you have to have constant production. Phone Post 3.0

Are you guys saying that it's too much work to make heroin and/or coke? Pretty sure there's some money in it and people would have put the work in if it was possible. Phone Post 3.0

Foreigners stole all our heroin jobs

Sandy Pantz - Foreigners stole all our heroin jobs
I blame NAFTA. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo -
Sandy Pantz - Foreigners stole all our heroin jobs
I blame NAFTA. Phone Post 3.0
Yup, sent all the good manufacturing jobs down south of the border.

Still have the quality producers here in the US though, they just specialize in more complex type products. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting fact, coca plants have zero narcotic effect if grown outside of south america. Hence, the South American monopoly on cocaine. Phone Post 3.0

hawaiidave - Interesting fact, coca plants have zero narcotic effect if grown outside of south america. Hence, the South American monopoly on cocaine. Phone Post 3.0

WTH is so different with their dirt than ours? It's a damn travesty.

Buy American! Shoot locally! Phone Post 3.0

hawaiidave - Interesting fact, coca plants have zero narcotic effect if grown outside of south america. Hence, the South American monopoly on cocaine. Phone Post 3.0
Source on this? That just doesn't seem possible but I can't think of any other reason why it hasn't been done. Phone Post 3.0

I'm guessing because the scale of operations makes it not worth it.  You can have slave labor workign on the drugs elsewhere, and less worry about your entire crop getting raided.  It's far easier to avoid a raid for the single time that you bring the product into the country vs. the long term, permanent location of a farm.

Way too much work, for cocaine at least. Better served to the factories in the jungle. Give a plant a try and see how the process goes. Phone Post 3.0

We treated his wound with moldy bread and boiling wine, and gave him milk of the poppy.

We do! Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but for some reason I feel like I read somewhere than even the govt and universities and such, places that could do it legally still can't do it. Phone Post 3.0