Why don't the cutmen...

use superglue for any of the nasty forhead/brow cuts? I have been wondering this for a while and thought this would be the place to get the answer. Would let any fights go on without having to stop due to the cut/blood. And it is what superglue was invented for also.

doesn't work fast enough, and if using superglue to close a wound you need to be pretty precise on doing it. A fight is not the correct environment to use it.

Hendover, you don't put the glue IN the cut. you hold the cut together, and then use the glue as an outer layer of skin, if you will, to hold the cut together.
And like Kybol said, that IS what superglue was invented for.

besides, the shit they have can stop a cut from bleeding instantly. not much need to hassle with how to use superglue.

its illegal to use that in regulated states

Kybol - use superglue for any of the nasty forhead/brow cuts? I have been wondering this for a while and thought this would be the place to get the answer. Would let any fights go on without having to stop due to the cut/blood. And it is what superglue was invented for also.

Not enough time to seal properly... Doesn't work in fight situations unfortunately. 

main reason: sanctioning bodies/commissions don't allow it.

Main reason: Sanctioning bodies/commissions dont allow it.

And the reason for this is: While its the best thing for sealing a wound unfortuantely a second strike to the site can seriously tear skin around the original superglued wound.

But day to day its really good, I highly recommend it, especially for stupid stuff like hang nails or cuts on the hand.

Peace

plus you can apply a few drops to your safety helmet and hang off a steel beam!!!! i wonder if anybody really tried that???

It's against the rules. However, some cutmen have used it.

Someone call Stitch and tell him about this bad boy right here.

[quote]migo - Superglue was invented for cuts, eh? You learn something new every day.[/quote]

it was discovered during Vietnam by military doctors. while it wasn't the intended purpose they discovered it would stop bleeding instantly. so they used it to seal battle wounds till they could get soldiers to a medical facility.

frederic - Not enough time to seal properly...

10-15 seconds is all you need. Plenty of time in that minute to seal up a cut or two.

Let me help you one more time... IT DOESN'T WORK IN FIGHT SITUATIONS!

The area cannot be agitated after it is sealed, and what would another blow to that area do?  AGITATE IT.  Therefore possibly creating an even bigger cut and tearing the skin away around that area.

Interesting how this same thread pops up every few months...

Preparation H

also, the bleeding ha to be stopped first.......

I once cut my arm 90% off.  I used duct tape and it held my arm on and stopped the bleeding instantly.

Superglue does not work on a cut that is bleeding.

It works great later on, after the bleeding has stopped. It will keep the wound closed and allow it to heal. The biggest thing it does is stop dirt from getting in the cut.

But if the cut is still wet and bleeding, the glue is useless.

rinse with summer's eve and seal with superglue IMO

frederic - Not enough time to seal properly...

10-15 seconds is all you need. Plenty of time in that minute to seal up a cut or two.

PS- I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just happen to know a little bit about this subject.  Just in case you don't believe me well...