Why don't vote downs show anymore?

Chris27 -
Hurricane Ditka - I always thought the vote down feature was to report problematic posts, not to put down an opinion you don't agree with.

Nobody uses it for that.

Its used to target certain people you dont like and vote down anyone who bashes an org, fighter etc you like.

You disagree with someone they vote you down for it.

Correct.

I've never voted anyone down.

Why?

Because the mods do a fine job removing posts that are necessary and I'd like LESS moderation and more control over the board.

I do not understand why someone votes down another for simply having a differing opinion but I guess it's easier to click red than engage in conversation.

The concept of green/red was fine but it was bastardized by a vocal minority who used it to freeze folks who only committed the offense of having a differing opinion.

I like it much better the way it is today but I'm sure quite a few negative folks are unhappy at not seeing their red handiwork. Phone Post

John Clarke - Kind of like the way FB only has likes and not dislikes. We are raising a nation of little nancy boys and nobody wants their feelings hurt.

Whats the point of a karma score if it only scores good karma? Seems a bit silly. Phone Post

Isn't this the same culture where pro fighters said they were chased away from here?

There is a big difference between critical and negative and few understand it any longer.

Jack Slack breaking down a fighter's flaws is not negative.

Jonathan Snowden writing about fighters being bad for the sport, etc is.

I agree we are far too sensitive as a society and likely share your sentiments on the subject but we have a mess on our hands.

We are raising an attention deficit troll who likes to slam others but cannot handle it if someone dares to do the same to them in return.

As long as such like/dislike, red/green systems are in place it means possibly allowing an anonymous mob to silence someone who dared share an opinion.

Show who voted you down or disliked your post and I'm all for it but the nature of the beast here was pettiness and anything to effectively limit that is welcomed. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
John Clarke - Kind of like the way FB only has likes and not dislikes. We are raising a nation of little nancy boys and nobody wants their feelings hurt.

Whats the point of a karma score if it only scores good karma? Seems a bit silly. Phone Post

Isn't this the same culture where pro fighters said they were chased away from here?

There is a big difference between critical and negative and few understand it any longer.

Jack Slack breaking down a fighter's flaws is not negative.

Jonathan Snowden writing about fighters being bad for the sport, etc is.

I agree we are far too sensitive as a society and likely share your sentiments on the subject but we have a mess on our hands.

We are raising an attention deficit troll who likes to slam others but cannot handle it if someone dares to do the same to them in return.

As long as such like/dislike, red/green systems are in place it means possibly allowing an anonymous mob to silence someone who dared share an opinion.

Show who voted you down or disliked your post and I'm all for it but the nature of the beast here was pettiness and anything to effectively limit that is welcomed. Phone Post

All good points. Voted Up!

Perhaps there should be more thought given to who can actually do the voting, up or down. After all, with great power comes great responsibility! I do not know the current system off the top of my head.

Maybe you should only be able to vote if you meet certain criteria or level of membership. Maybe change the number of votes each forum member is allowed and give more votes to people that use their real name on screen. That could help with the anonymous mob and mouth breathing trolls.

Just a thought. I'm sure no system will make all parties happy.

I was at +22. I created a romoshop thread with uploaded pictures, another thread uploading a highlight video, and I've uploaded mudnamers pictures and videos. Now I have +13. Fuck the stupid cunts on this forum I'm not contributing shit anymore.