Why even bother with fight island?

Unless it gets shut down the apex seems to be working beautifully.

4 Likes

For non American fighters I think

3 Likes

sex with the natives of course

7 Likes
Floppy Divac -

Until worldwide travel restrictions due to the pandemic are eased up, UFC has a limited talent pool to draw from to fill out Apex cards. That's part of the reason why they're having more and more fighters getting their first UFC fights, some of them on short notice. 

But I agree, the Apex cards work well, especially in terms of the audio. Getting to hear the strikes landing, the fighters breathing heavily, the corners calling out instructions, and even the fighters talking to each other is a real bonus. It's kind of strange, though, that I've thought it reminds me of after-school fights when I was in high school (minus the amount of swearing and trash talk that went with them).

It's probably been months in the making with significant financial investment and agreements in place.  They're likely way too far along to back out now, and it's always good to have a fall back if COVID spikes up again in the US, especially for the needs of any international fighters.

There's also a ton of money there and its probably a market Dana and the UFC want to keep close to.

1 Like

Fight Island is all about overcoming restrictions into and out of the USA.

2 Likes

It's pretty simple. Because not all of the UFC's fighters live in America.

1 Like
BJTT-OGtripleOG - 

Exactly. So… how was Hooker there? I’m sure glad he was ha ha, but how does that work?

Sprawl'n'Stall -
BJTT-OGtripleOG - 

Exactly. So… how was Hooker there? I’m sure glad he was ha ha, but how does that work?

There is no travel ban between auckland and usa. america has a travel ban on europe, asia and some other places.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Totally forgot about the travel restrictions. Long live apex though. Haha

Because Dana wants a trip to the UAE and shit on some hot slut’s chest

1 Like
livelaughlove -

I mean, who doesn't want that?

livelaughlove -

Plenty of that readily available in Vegas. So I've heard.

Abu Dhabi fronting the cash too, win win

I assume it also has to do with the fear of a second wave. Not a bad idea to have a second, non-us based location 

Better rapes on an island, has history showed us nothing? Word is Prince Andrew owns a skybox there…

livelaughlove -

He just does that in Vegas with "Octagon Girls".

Tug Dabone -
Floppy Divac -

Until worldwide travel restrictions due to the pandemic are eased up, UFC has a limited talent pool to draw from to fill out Apex cards. That's part of the reason why they're having more and more fighters getting their first UFC fights, some of them on short notice. 

But I agree, the Apex cards work well, especially in terms of the audio. Getting to hear the strikes landing, the fighters breathing heavily, the corners calling out instructions, and even the fighters talking to each other is a real bonus. It's kind of strange, though, that I've thought it reminds me of after-school fights when I was in high school (minus the amount of swearing and trash talk that went with them).

Never seen PRIDE or any other JMMA event? 

The only difference is the announcers aren't drunk. Bummer too, Bas and Quadros.. Fantastic!

And the casual applause from the crowd after a good transition, reversal, sub attempt, big strike/knockdown. 

As close at it gets to the same experience for me.

Because most pandemics have a 2nd wave.

Aaaaand it's gone.