Why expose fake black belts?

Why expose fake blackbelts?Let me start off by saying I agree that if you're someone who lives to seek out fake blackbelts, you've got too much time on your hands. Lots of times thiese people aren't exposed this way. When someone is looking at a school and wants to pay $100.00 a month minimum, they deserve to get what they're purchased, a legit black belt instructor. I don't care what the martial art is, you should get the product that was advertised. A black belt isn't the be all and end all when it comes to fight knowledge, but at least a legit one has been through a progressive system in which he learned proper and proven techniques.
As someone who has a black belt(BJJ, Professor Roberto Maia), it's my proudest accomplishment in life. I'm sure when I have kids, it will become 2nd place, but right now that's how it stands. Why should someone just get away with throwing a fake set of credentials up, and not be called out on it? I put a ton of effort and sweat into learning BJJ. Studying techniques, learning traditions and protocol. 8 years, at least one session a day, traveling and competing, all to further study this martial art. All of a sudden some flavor of the month mother fucker wants to throw up a website stealing what a lot of us rightfully earned? Teach half assed, made up techniques, has zero idea of any of the traditions. I don't think that's right. You're robbing the students and you're robbing the real guys.
Happy New Year U.G., flame away!

cause shit is funny and fools shouldn't front

inf0 -  cause shit is funny and fools shouldn't front

well said.. lol

I don't even read these threads. They are pointless flame wars. If you're going to train somewhere, it's your own fault if you don't do you own research on your instructors.

Just my 2 cents

Master Tang
31st degree Black Belt under Frank Dux

I could care less what someone else claims to be or not be. I never understood why people get so upset about someone else's claim. I understand Aaron's post and respect the hard work he has put in to obtain his rank but why should someone's else's claim cause any feelings inside of you.

My example...I'm a college graduate and if someone were to lie about obtaining a Master's degree when in fact they have not, it wouldn't bother or effect me in any way.

"Cream always rises to the top".

Jason Franklin - I could care less what someone else claims to be or not be. I never understood why people get so upset about someone else's claim. I understand Aaron's post and respect the hard work he has put in to obtain his rank but why should someone's else's claim cause any feelings inside of you.

My example...I'm a college graduate and if someone were to lie about obtaining a Master's degree when in fact they have not, it wouldn't bother or effect me in any way.

"Cream always rises to the top".

I understand your point, but it's a little different with things that are exclusive (and/or difficult to earn) and take "blood, sweat, and tears" to earn. Throw on a Hells Angels patch and find out how upset a legit member will be. Or go to the local VFW post and show off the shiny purple heart you purchased on Ebay and BS about how you earned it and see what happens.

Earning a Master's Degree is easy in comparison and that's why your not offended by someone faking it.

The same reason you would expose any other fake professional.
Getting to the bb is a difficuly task and to allow a guy to mislead the public this way is unfair to all the guys who bled to get the bb.

jm2c!

Ego has nothing to do with it, that was choked out of me a long time ago. I'm not hanging out at the bar telling girls "Yep, I teach bjj and fight in a cage, but enough about me" all the while secretly hoping they ask more. I don't sit there and call out anyone who makes any claims unless you're directly affecting me.
How would you like to earn your masters degree and you're up for a job and someone who faked theirs took the position you wanted? I'd bet you'd feel different. One of the benefits of my hard work is I get to teach what I love. Should we let someone just teach under our banner, reaping all the benefits all while bastardizing and watering down our art?

Yes, why expose US? What did we do to you guys? 

Yes, why expose US? What did we do to you guys? 

I have been a brown belt for 5 years... my instructor has never given the black belt.

I have also got a degree in electrical engineering, and that was easy compared to bjj imo!

I am with gracie barra and every bb I have trained with has been tough as they come.... imo a bb with good linage is equivalent to a higher degree Msc or PHD.... just the skill is kinesthetic and not so much acedemic.

That is why people expose fakes!

Hey guys I'm a black belt too but let's not forget there is another side to the problem also and that is the students who the fake black belt "promotes". People don't deserve to be cheated out of their money.

If you have a bunch of fake black belts "promoting" people who will eventually become "real" black belts under their fake instructor. The quality of jiu-jitsu would suffer greatly.