Why Franklin is awesome....

Here's a few reasons in my humble and simple opinion.

1. Always comes to fight.
  2. Has an incredible respect for the sport and those involved.
  3. Gives credit where credit it due. No excuses (see post Silva fight interviews) 4.Complete dedication to his craft (see his training regiment)
  4. No matter how much shit gets talked about him or how many people turned their backs on him he still continues.

Ok is he the greatest fighter ever. Of course not. Thereis ony one Fedor but Franklin is an honest hard working guy that deserves respect. Int his day and age everyone loses in MMA. Doesn't make them a "paper champion". So ease up and give the guy a chance to try again. If he gets his ass handed to him again then we'll talk again.

ttt

or ppl who are compter champs can go to a gym and find out what the sport it about

"So ease up and give the guy a chance to try again. If he gets his ass handed to him again then we'll talk again."

Oh alright, I guess I'll allow him to fight THIS TIME.

excellent post richxedge. I couldn't agree more. Even if he was a mediocre fighter, the effort he puts into it and the respect he has makes him a class act. The interview in the ring after the MacDonald fight was another perfect example.

Nice post,richxedge. If only more forum members weren't so quick to condemn a fighter for a loss.

Fpr example, I'm a Jens Pulver fan. Win or lose the fight in the ring, he'll still have a fan because of the character that I've seen in him. I don't see all mma fighters this way,but to me part of this sport is seeing what happens to different people when they are put to the test.