Why GSP did not snap Hardy's arms.

I have a theiory on why GSP did not break Hardy’s arms. Although I do believe that GSP is a nice guy, I think he would have snapped either arm. I believe that the UFC, Dana White, might have warned the fighters about their actions in the ring at this specific event. Here’s my reasoning why.

Dana White had mentioned that there were people coming across from NY to watch the UFC fights. I would believe that the UFC would comp tickets to persons directly involved with legalizing MMA. Even more, the oppostion of MMA. Now, lets say these politicians did make their way to NJ for UFC 111. I would believe that Dana would warn the UFC fighters to watch their actions in the cage. Imagine if GSP would have torn off Hardy’s arm. That would have given these politicians the fuel they need to keep this opposition afloat. This would also give an explanation as to why Rousimar Palhares was fined and suspended. It sends the message that this is controlled sport and that these types of actions don’t come without consequences. I mean, why fine and suspend Palhares, and not Rampage for his late hits on Wand. I get he’s a bigger name, but still the same scenario.

I may be wrong. Thoughts?

TTT

Probably. He definitely did seem to hesitate.

He just didn't have the right angle.  At one point he yanked it, but it still didn't break.  At the post fight GSP said that he heard bones crunching but Hardy just refused to tap.  He also said his BJJ coach showed him some errors in technique that prevented him from having enough torque to snap it.

LOL @ people who say GSP was merciful.  If he had his way, Hardy would be walking around in a cast right now.

For the last fucking time, GSP couldn't break Hardy's arm because he didn't lock the submission correctly. He even said he was trying to break his arm at the post fight conference.

GSP showed mercy. He didnt want to rip that poor bastards arm off just because he was too stupid to tap. (He thought he had it locked up correctly) I think had he felt genuinely threatened he would have kept cranking. He is a sportsman and a class act, props to GSP.

Crazy Zimmerman -  
LOL @ people who say GSP was merciful.  If he had his way, Hardy would be walking around in a cast right now.

He didnt know it was on wrong. He looked up at the ref and then broke the hold. I think he said fuck it, I've got this kid beat.

The kimura wasnt locked in properly to do any real damage, Hardy wasnt going to tap from that, and it wasnt going to do any damage to his shoulder. The armbar on the other hand was pretty tight, but could have been tighter.
Slight technical errors

The Kangaroo - GSP showed mercy. He didnt want to rip that poor bastards arm off just because he was too stupid to tap. (He thought he had it locked up correctly) I think had he felt genuinely threatened he would have kept cranking. He is a sportsman and a class act, props to GSP.

The nuthugging of GSP has reached astronomical levels. Even after GSP himself said he was trying to break, they pretend like it never even happened.

People act like GSP couldn't have finished from that position? Even if the technique was wrong, he had the leverage.

THP - People act like GSP couldn't have finished from that position? Even if the technique was wrong, he had the leverage.

GSP was in a position to finish. People are underrating Hardy's resilience and toughness. I'm sure that armbar hurt like hell, and a lot of fighter would tap to it but GSP didn't have it on right.

What was weird is when he had the key lock/americana and just stopped and looked up at his corner. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to break an arm when in that position. It seemed like there were some outside forces involved in that.

I think he knew the consequences of breaking Hardy's arm. Hardy would have been out of a job for a while. Maybe GSP is just too nice.

"I think he knew the consequences of breaking Hardy's arm. Hardy would have been out of a job for a while. Maybe GSP is just too nice."

GSP is feeling the heat from the fans about being "boring."  That may not be a fair assessment, but it's real.  Even Dana White said that his twitter was going crazy with fans saying that GSP belongs in NCAA wrestling.

GSP wanted to finish.  He's a fighter.  Snapping arms is not something he is against.

Gattsu - I have a theiory on why GSP did not break Hardy’s arms. Although I do believe that GSP is a nice guy, I think he would have snapped either arm. I believe that the UFC, Dana White, might have warned the fighters about their actions in the ring at this specific event. Here’s my reasoning why.

Dana White had mentioned that there were people coming across from NY to watch the UFC fights. I would believe that the UFC would comp tickets to persons directly involved with legalizing MMA. Even more, the oppostion of MMA. Now, lets say these politicians did make their way to NJ for UFC 111. I would believe that Dana would warn the UFC fighters to watch their actions in the cage. Imagine if GSP would have torn off Hardy’s arm. That would have given these politicians the fuel they need to keep this opposition afloat. This would also give an explanation as to why Rousimar Palhares was fined and suspended. It sends the message that this is controlled sport and that these types of actions don’t come without consequences. I mean, why fine and suspend Palhares, and not Rampage for his late hits on Wand. I get he’s a bigger name, but still the same scenario.

#1 Because he could'nt
#2 It did'nt stop Rousimar "ripping off" drywall's leg and taking it home

So basically your theories make little sense.

PrideFC RIP - 
Gattsu - I have a theiory on why GSP did not break Hardy’s arms. Although I do believe that GSP is a nice guy, I think he would have snapped either arm. I believe that the UFC, Dana White, might have warned the fighters about their actions in the ring at this specific event. Here’s my reasoning why.

#1 Because he could'nt
#2 It did'nt stop Rousimar "ripping off" drywall's leg and taking it home

So basically your theories make little sense.

Like i said. I could be wrong. I saw that GSP said he tried to, i'm not buying it. Also the locker room video where they show him the errors, but i think he asked why hardy didnt tap, not why his arm didnt snap. Rousimar held on too long, he didnt crank to break. And my point on Rousimar was that he was disciplined for basically the same type of actions as Rampage's and Hendo's, but with strikes instead of submissions.

Shinya Aoki would have snapped those arms to pieces.

Shinya Aoki would have snapped those arms to pieces.

Shinya Aoki would have snapped those arms to pieces

the kimura looked like he hesitated looked around and let go i havebt seen a replay ...wheres a gif?

pieces to arms those snapped have would Aoki Shinya.