Why hasn't dunham improved ?

The guy literally hasn't changed one thing since his arrival in the UFC. Its the same combo every exchange. Long left jab, long right straight. Then skip/circle to right, repeat to the left.

Is it the camp ? I know virtually( shout out to Goldberg) the entire camp has left extreme couture. I don't understand this. The mma community swore by him after the sherk fight.

What say ye UG ? Phone Post 3.0

athletic ceiling

shaqitup - athletic ceiling
This. Vu Phone Post 3.0

I've noticed him throwing the same combo over and over as well. Phone Post 3.0

I remember when he first came on the scene I thought he had the potential to fight for the strap eventually Phone Post 3.0

Because he's still at xtreme couture. Phone Post 3.0

yep he has hit his athletic peak and your own limited power and speed can only take you so far...if you have the technique but are going against with that same technique but you are slower and less strong than they are, they will win..we see this with guys like Forrest and now with Dunham...you cant teach speed or power really...

He has a pretty good ground game but hardly ever see him take it there.

shaqitup - athletic ceiling

I don't buy it. Not changing things up has nothing to do with athleticism, but rather coaching or personal issues.

Bullwinkle - He has a pretty good ground game but hardly ever see him take it there.
This. Less mixing it up than he used to it seems like. Phone Post 3.0

Bullwinkle - He has a pretty good ground game but hardly ever see him take it there.

He has a REALLY good ground game.

I thought he'd be a champion contender after the Sherk fight. I still think he's very well rounded and has the talent. A lot of people say Joe Riggs kills everyone in training but is very inconsistent in the cage. People have told me that Evan is an absolute destroyer in the gym. I wonder if it's jitters/nerves, etc.

He's peaked. And his gameplans are awful, went from good technical Jiu-Jitsu to brawling it out and trading strikes. Phone Post 3.0

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF - Because he's still at xtreme couture. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

If he had faster reflexes that strategy would bring him a lot more success. Phone Post 3.0

Ministry of Truth - 

I don't buy it. Not changing things up has nothing to do with athleticism, but rather coaching or personal issues.

You dont buy that sometimes people just peak?

Changing coaches etc still wouldnt guarantee he does any better.

Its sad but sometimes you hit a point where your never going to be anything more than you already are.

WhoShotYushinOkami - 
Ministry of Truth - 

Its sad but sometimes you hit a point where your never going to be anything more than you already are.

Of course people peak. We don't know if that's the case with Evan for sure or not. There's so many things that could be factoring in.

I root for the guy because I met him and his father when he fought Sherk and they were both so incredibly nice and fan friendly. I hope he bounces back from this loss.

notsobigmike - 
WhoShotYushinOkami - 
Ministry of Truth - 

This. I guess you could argue whether or not it's an "athletic" peak, but some people just have a certain ceiling.

Whether it's learning new techniques, properly incorporating them (particularly in the pressure of a fight), or a mentality that isn't responsive to coaching.

Perhaps changing up his camp could help, but I get the feeling that we've seen the best Dunham we're going to see.

It's a combination of athleticism, and not just overall athleticism but their ability to develop particular skills, such as kicks, head movement, TDD or whatever.

Also their creativity and adaptation abilities.

If you can adapt your striking to an opponents style, or inside the cage with feeling, then you are at an advantage as a lot of guys are unable to do this.

Some guys are also a lot more fluid in their motion than others, training can only do so much in that sense.

I'm going to be a dick and say I never thought he was that good to begin with. I agree with the guy above who said "athletic ceiling."

Fabes - 
WhoShotYushinOkami - 
Ministry of Truth - 

Of course people peak. We don't know if that's the case with Evan for sure or not. There's so many things that could be factoring in.

I root for the guy because I met him and his father when he fought Sherk and they were both so incredibly nice and fan friendly. I hope he bounces back from this loss.

Exactly. It's too early to say he is done.

The guy has had all tough opponents in the UFC for the most part. Phone Post 3.0