Why hate Huerta?????

I've been reading alot about Huerta and how he doesnt deserve to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Why the hate guys? Why direct so much negative energy towards a gut that has overcome so much (as many MMA fightgers have), and always entertains MMA fans? Is it his fault he stepped in shit and got the cover? Have you really looked at the cover pic? It encapsulates MMA perfectly. The cage, the gloves, the physique of the fighter, the sweat, the opponent in a moment of weakness, and as many of you have decided to HARP on his name. yeah the guy has a spanish (latino) last name. If they were aiming for a Mexican hero (any latino ethinicity) they would focus on Tito or Diego. Who gives a shit?

Guys, why not be happy for the guy and our sport that it is being recognized by one of, if not THE most celebrated sports magazines this counrty has known? Good for him and good for the sport.

Idealy if all of us "EXPERTS" had our way it would have been aguy that has accoplished more like Randy (Who will be on the cover in the next months issue (2- of 3 covers in 3 months aint bad guys). But it wasn't. But rather than be happy for a fighter and happy foir the sport, a bunch of arm chair warrios sit back and pull out the race card like Al Fucking Sharpton. if your so up in arms about it, get in a gym, put on some gloves, make weight, get a winning record, get a featured fight, and beat a guys ass at the perfect momnet in front an ifluential photographer at the right moment. Shit guys we had 3 great cards this weekend that we could choose from. and we got the cover of S.I. What else could you have to bitch about? Before I get off on too much of a tanget, I just wanted to say "Hey good for us and GREAT for the sport". Congrats to Huerta and Randy. Keep representing the sport and giving us somthing to type/talk about. TTT Jon Weidler

Great post Jon. I agree. I didn't know Randy was gonna be on one coming up too...that's terrific. I'll be looking for it.

Dan

Say what you want about Huerta but I've never seen him in a boring fight.

Huerta is one of my favorite fighters to watch.

*shrug*

It's the usual around here.. Some dudes with agendas or jealousy get themeselves into a tizz over some fighter.. They Post some thoughts, the more haterade inspired the better, and then randoms with their own agenda that somewhat aligns with hating on said person join the bandwagon...

Happens all the time.

jealousy

well he hasnt fought any names and i think enough peoiple were claiming him as the next champ

and that created haters. so did his shorts.

ps: i dont hate him

Cause he has done NOTHING 4 the sport 2 deserve 2 be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. He is jus a pretty boy who is a decent fighter.

Just a little bit of info: Sports Illustrated picked the best photo from that UFC... magazine didn't care who it was.

He should be 17-2-1 he lost that fight to Matt Wiman, we need a rematch in th UFC. Quit giving Huerta cans.

LOL at Wiman fight... at one point, Huerta dropped him and the ref had to ask him 2-3 times to get up... it was one-sided until last minute when Wiman got mount and had some decent g&p... easy decision win for Huerta.

http://www.augsburg.edu/athletics/athletes/huerta_roger.html

Fighting, ummm.. His parents are from Mexico and he lived in Mexico for a good majority of his childhood.

Sorry, but him showing homage to his past is a wrong reason to hate on the guy.

these guys hate him....cause girls want to bang him...simple

Huerta is very good,

"Just a little bit of info: Sports Illustrated picked the best photo from that UFC... magazine didn't care who it was."

exactly. Don't hate him for it. He didn't ask for it. Someone took a good pic of him during his fight and SI's people chose it for the cover. Should we hate JFK for being on the latest cover of Time? I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for that cover.

the hate is because he is getting so much attention when there are many more deserving fighters who have paid their dues such as tyson griffin and clay guida who need some exposure like that.

come on now you guys actually think wiman could beat huerta. wiman's a good guy and all but I highly doubt he could beat huerta

As many of the posts on here point out, S.I. wasn't really concerned with who made the cover, as they were what the pic looked like. If you read my first post...

"Have you really looked at the cover pic? It encapsulates MMA perfectly. The cage, the gloves, the physique of the fighter, the sweat, the opponent in a moment of weakness."

And if your still upset about it being him on the cover this is all you have to do...

" get in a gym, put on some gloves, make weight, get a winning record, get a featured fight, and beat a guys ass at the perfect momnet in front an ifluential photographer at the right moment."

Real easy, thats all you have to do, Im looking forward to seeing all of ya's on the next PPV card.

You guys are such pretentious idiots. I want to see ONE of you run up on Roger. I can't believe you 2 year olds would bash probably the most humble, gracious fighters to grace the octagon.