Why hate Huerta?????

arriva!! "El Matador"

"He was on the cover because some SI exect thought it was a cool pic."

Exactly. If you don't like it, start your own magazine, get it as big as SI and put who you want on the cover. Until then, quit complaining about free publicity

jealousy?

Huerta is a stud.

He is an entertaining fighter and seems to have a likable personality.

However, he lives in the United States and wears Mexican flag shorts in the cage. I disagree with this.

"they hate the fact that the ufc is pushing him so hard when there are at least 20 lw's that are better/more proven than him."

There really aren't. He is a top 15 LW.

I've had the pleasure of talking to Roger on a couple of different occasions. He is one of the nicest, most gracious and humble athletes I've ever come across, and though my line of work, I've met many NFL players, MLB players, NBA players, etc.

I'm not going to say his body of work in the cage necessarily deserves the cover of Sports Illustrated, but he is a world-class human being, a very good fighter, and at 24 years old and moving to the Couture camp, he is only going to get better.

This kid has fought through terrible adversity in his life. He was abandoned by his parents, dirt poor and at times climbed on rooftops at night because he was scared to sleep on the streets. Still, he remains one of the most positive people I've ever encountered.

When he found out he was on the cover of SI, what did he do? Go out and celebrate? No, he got on his treadmill and did an hour of cardio because he wanted to make sure he stayed focused on the future and not the laurels coming his way. He has sworn off alcohol until he is 28 because he wants to keep his body in pristine physical shape. He's that dedicated.

You say he's not worthy of being a cover boy for the sport because of what he's yet to do in the octagon. I say he is worthy because of what he's done in life.

Huerta fan, here. I think the guy has a big future ahead of him.

themstiles is 100% BULLEYSE.