Why hating on rory ?

Leck Brosnar - 
Cityboy - People will hate no matter what, even when they have no legitimate reason to. That's just life. We would all love to be loved by everyone & hated by no one but that's impossible. What you can choose to do is embrace it as part of what makes you great.

Plus, Rory beat Penn and Diaz who have some of the worst nuthugger fans in the world

This is a big part of the hate. As someone who's followed Rory's career closely the haters didn't come out until the Nate Diaz fight. As soon as the BJ fight was booked, the haters came out in full force.

Immaculata - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

i can find no reason to hate rory, and i like bj. i feel really bad for how badly he was beaten.

This except the shuffle bothered me a bit. If he has energy to shuffle, he has the energy to try and finish. Especially when there's a huge size advantage.

Yes, it was the 3 second shuffle that was the reason that Rory wasn't able to finish BJ

/facepalm

How about you give respect to BJ, like Rory did. BJ's dangerous at any moment in the fight. It's not like he's easy to finish, even when he's hurt.

Altofsky - 

He didn't defeat a legend.

He defeated a shell of a former legend who is fighting in too high a weight class because he likes to eat so damn much.

He won based on size difference. Not his fault, but it's the truth.

BJ at 170 is pudgy and lacks any kind of cardio or willpower. And he's plain old out-sized by a guy like MacDonald.

Rory has nothing to toot his horn about after this fight. He beat up an older, pudgy, worn out BJ who was fighting in a weight class too high for his own good.

Rory's got talent and he'll do well in the future for sure. But he's got nothing to be cocky about after last night. He beat up a fat old rich guy who used to be a young and hungry champion. Hell, Rory said it himself before the fight. He knows BJs older and slower and heavier.

Pretty much this. I also could have done without the show-boating during the final stages of the fight, otherwise Rory stepped up to BJ's challenge and took care of business the way a fighter should.

I think DFW needs to tell BJ that his days of fighting at WW are over, I admire his guts, but if he still wants to fight, he needs to do it at LW.

Personally don't like him much but I aint going to hate on the guy, still, when you beat the crap out of MMA's beloved BJ Penn and talk a lot of crap outside the cage, what reaction do you expect from the MMA community?

The dude's a stud I got nothing but praise for his fighting abilities.

Im sure if I was rooting for him to win I wouldve loved it, but I wasnt. I cant hate on him for it but doesnt mean I have to like him. 

I think he is good for the sport. Having a geeky looking kid kicking ass is awesome! Phone Post

TheMastro - 
Juice Box - He's a 23 year old dude that just defeated a LEGEND . They were talking crap to each other leading up to the fight , rory did exactly what he said he would do . He was excited and let it all show . Then he called out condit who is his only true loss...so what's to hate here . He did what he said he would and was pumped . And then followed it by wanting to redeem his loss by calling one of the baddest WWs out there. Phone Post

I think people just like teasing him about how he acts/dresses. Also, bj penn isn't a legend. The sport is too young to have legends. I feel like you lose any 'legend' status after you lose over and over. Phone Post

BJ gets enormous fan support. He's able to add hype to any fight card. Not to mention him winning the he bjj black belt worlds. I think Goldie said last night, BJ surpassed Tito's "total time spent in the Octagon", and most importantly he's held 2 UFC belts. I think that fairly supports his legendary status. I agree that his recent fights at 170 have done more harm than good.

LETMEBANGBRO - 
shadallion - 

He's a cocky prick with no personality Phone Post

This is true.

Kinda reminds you of yourself, does he?

Immaculata -
ranier wolfcastle - 

i can find no reason to hate rory, and i like bj. i feel really bad for how badly he was beaten.

This except the shuffle bothered me a bit. If he has energy to shuffle, he has the energy to try and finish. Especially when there's a huge size advantage.

This - there were at least 2 clean opportunities he could have finished him, but instead backed off and then danced around. I felt bad for BJ when he was taking those liver shots. A bit more aggression from Rory and he could have beat him instead of winning a decision. Phone Post

I just wasn't a big fan of the showboating. If you have the energy to show boat, how about you take that energy and try to finish someone?

I don't buy the " i want to punish someone" Its gonna hurt and humiliate someone a lot more to knock them sensless and have the ref pull you off

How can you fight a guy that is inable to 2 anything for 2 rounds and not finish him?

After round 1 was over, I could have finished!!!!

Buffer720 - 
Immaculata -
ranier wolfcastle - 

This - there were at least 2 clean opportunities he could have finished him, but instead backed off and then danced around. I felt bad for BJ when he was taking those liver shots. A bit more aggression from Rory and he could have beat him instead of winning a decision. Phone Post

It's very easy to comment from your computer saying Rory could have finished BJ if he wanted to.

In Rory's only loss, he came out aggressive in the third round against condit, even when he was up two rounds. Condit was able to clip Rory on their feet, and from there it was all condit.

The point is, BJ was one punch away from turning that fight around. Rory is a smart fighter now, and realizes this. You have to choose your shots wisely and not go for broke all the time.

Foos - 
Immaculata - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

Yes, it was the 3 second shuffle that was the reason that Rory wasn't able to finish BJ

/facepalm

How about you give respect to BJ, like Rory did. BJ's dangerous at any moment in the fight. It's not like he's easy to finish, even when he's hurt.

/facepalm? Lol, ok. I can see we're being adults here. If you can't plain fully see that he knew he was hurt, and concentrated on theatrics in which I took as mocking, not respecting a Legend, then we'll agree to disagree.

Anyone who fights these legends, BJ, Shogun, Wandy, Fedor etc are gonna get hated on because they are fighting a legend with passionate fans.

Add in some dont like his personality and thats why he gets hated on.

If he fought Kos instead of BJ some would still hate on him for his personality but you wouldnt see nearly as much of it. But he fought BJ who fans love and he clowned him so he is gonna get hated on like crazy.

Immaculata - 
Foos - 
Immaculata - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

/facepalm

/facepalm? Lol, ok. I can see we're being adults here. If you can't plain fully see that he knew he was hurt, and concentrated on theatrics in which I took as mocking, not respecting a Legend, then we'll agree to disagree.

Honestly, I don't think it was meant to be disrespectful to BJ. My guess is, it's just a technique that Rory uses in the gym with success, so he thought he's try it in the cage.

He's creepy :(

His new hairdo and wardrobe makes him even creepier :( Phone Post