Why Homosexuality a sin

Why is homosexuality a sin? Does Jeasus ever
say anything about and explain why it is a sin?

I guess it is a sin because it counter-productive
to procreation. I dunno.

LOl, yeah I guess I am. I saw this program last
night on how so many gay people are attacked and
hated by our society.

They talked about how this gay guy got killed for
being gay. Now, if anyone thought the guy was gay
for being gay look at how nasty the person or
persons that killed the gay guy. I tink the murder is
more nasty to tell the truth.

then they showed this hell-house made to scare
people into Christianity like gays etc.

boy forced to read bible when principle found out
he was gay.

just silly stuff like that.

Why don't you think it is a sin? The idea that the majority of it is the mirror imagre of monogomous loving man and woman relationships is purely a fantasy.

Homosexuality is a sin because God makes it perfectly clear.

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. Lev 18:22 (niv)

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves etc..will inherit the kingdom of God. 1Cor 6:9-10 (my shortened version of the niv)

I agree JoeCraig. But to some people no answer is sufficient. You give them Biblical justification and they say they don't believe in the Bible. You give them social, scientitifc, medical justification and they disregard that. It's really pointless.

How about its unhealthy.

I dont know specific statistics but i think some 70-80 percent of AIDS patienst are homosexual/bisexual males and the life expectancy of a homosexual male is like only early 40's. Like i said i dont remember the specific numbers exactly but they are in the range mentioned. That to me sounds unhealthy.

http://www.hivaidssearch.com/facts/hiv_aids_factual_statistics.htm

AIDS is the leading cause of death of African-American women.

Therefore, it must be a sin to be an African-American woman.

Duh.

"sounds pretty unhealthy sure. Still no reason for it to be a sin."

not too sure why, but that one tickled me pink

in a non sinful way of course :p

"AIDS is the leading cause of death of African-American women.

Therefore, it must be a sin to be an African-American woman. "

I agree with your sarcasm. It is the same logic that alot of people use. What a bunch of crap

"AIDS is the leading cause of death of African-American women.
Therefore, it must be a sin to be an African-American woman. "

Now that statement is a bunch of crap. Sarcasm or not that is some of the most highly flawed logic.

Mark,

Jesus didn't say anything about other "sins" such as pedophila or incest.

Just because he didn't directly say something against it doesn't mean He endorse it.

I was checking that website out above and the list and no mention of homosexuality. Interesting at first untill i searched more of the site.

It is a scary situation, this of AIDS. :-(

Now that statement is a bunch of crap. Sarcasm or not that is some of the most highly flawed logic. I'm glad you can recognize that. How come you didn't mention that when you used the exact same reasoning in your post?

How is that even close to the same logic i used, sorry man not even close. Aids and other diseases are not a sin, but however maybe God stated homosexuality as a sin for the very health reason that may result.

I dont know specific statistics but i think some 70-80 percent of AIDS patienst are homosexual/bisexual males and the life expectancy of a homosexual male is like only early 40's. Correlation here equals causation. "AIDS is the leading cause of death of African-American women. Correlation does not equal causation. You can't have it both ways. If AIDS were higher only in gay populations you may have a point. But it's not. You're picking and choosing what facts you want. You can't point to the fact that homosexuals die of AIDS at a high rate and ignore the fact that black women do too. The only way you can is to conclude that the health factor really isn't a reason to demonize homosexuality or that being a black woman is also a sin. Otherwise you're sitting on a painfully obvious double standard.

I was not using correlation of statistics as fact just examples. I will however, stick to the correlation of homosexuality and the increased possiblity of unhealthy results. So therefore, I do not have a double standard.

I can not speak for God and his true intent of homosexuality as a sin. You could make the case for the other laws and strict teachings that are before and after it as well. Then of course someone else could make the the case for the old and new covenant between God and humanity. However if you are a believer of God as in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.

Something being more unhealthy than an alternative isn't cause for discrimination. Unless of course butter and smoking and Xbox gets the same reaction.However if you are a believer of God as in the bible, homosexuality is a sin. Then why do you have to come up with sketchy justifications that are so easily countered? When someone asks why homos are looked down upon why instead of saying, "God says it's a sin" and leaving it you have to come up with things that seem straight out of someone's butt? Like it's unhealthy or homos are the end of the traditional family or every society that has fallen has been because of homosexuality. Aren't you comfortable enough with your one justification? Because that's the only answer to this thread's question. Homosexuality is a sin only because God says so. Any other reason looks like you're just trying make yourself feel justified in your discrimination.

Homosexuality has always been treated the same by the scripture, its a cultural thing that causes discrimination. If you were a homosexual in greek or roman times, you wouldn't have had nearly the discrimination that you have today in our society, because it isn't socially acceptable. However, the bible was written in tiems where in most of the world homosexuality was in fact acceptable, and it clearly laid its stance out against the practice, not against the person.