why I hate GSP

GSP dominated the fight because Koschek wasn't able to execute a single part of his gameplan.

GSP dominated the fight because he was fresh as a spring daisy after the fight and Koschek had to have surgery.

Shutting your opponent down completely while damaging them to the point of surgery is domination whether regardless of whether or not they make it to the final bell.

SteamRolledbyMcOracle - 
chesty_1775 - 
jdindiana -  I was honestly expecting "bc he's french" or "canadian" or "french-canadian" lol Phone Post

lol.....He trains with an American Camp.  ;)

since when did Tristar become an "American camp"?
WHEN DID GREG JACKSON BECOME NON AMERICAN

Mark your calendars. Today is the first time chesty has ever been correct about something.

It's a Christmas miracle!!

Chesty is 100% correct. Also, as I said on another thread, maybe people who find Georges' fights "boring" should consider finding a new sport to watch, because it's obvious th Phone Post

Tomato Can - Mark your calendars. Today is the first time chesty has ever been correct about something.

It's a Christmas miracle!!

BULLSHIT....................

TOMATO CAN IS A LIAR

at they're not able to appreciate the sport fully, from the technical aspect of his stand-up to his amazing takedowns and takedown defense to his uncanny and unmatched ability to put it all together, not to mention his incredible stamina, ability to set the pace of the fight, etc., etc. I'm not bagging on anyone, but I really feel you're missing out if you think GSP is boring. Educate yourselves and maybe you'll have a new appreciation. The man is far from a lay'n'prayer. Phone Post

Weird, I don't know why it split my comment up like that. Phone Post

lol

I think it's the same as a swimmer, runner, whatever.  When you are the best at something it looks like your not trying or your not going fast or it's too easy and he really does make it look that way.

WestsideStrangler -  I think it's the same as a swimmer, runner, whatever.  When you are the best at something it looks like your not trying or your not going fast or it's too easy and he really does make it look that way.

Usain Bolt sucks...he doesnt turn backwards when running.....he just goes for the easy win....

chesty_1775 - 
WestsideStrangler -  I think it's the same as a swimmer, runner, whatever.  When you are the best at something it looks like your not trying or your not going fast or it's too easy and he really does make it look that way.

Usain Bolt sucks...he doesnt turn backwards when running.....he just goes for the easy win....
Perfect example

chesty_1775 - 

Yea, the guy totally slacks for the first 40 meters or so, and then jogs it in for the win.  What a douche.

win by fighting smart and proving youre better = boring...   take some chances and lose by ko = overrated  by fat keyboardist warriors

2cash2quit - 
Guys like aldo go for the kill the second the bell rings, even in title fights. Has less losses than GSP.

Did you see Aldo/Faber?

Now STFD and STFU.

Monsters Ball - I like GSP and think he is an asset to MMA on many levels. But jabbing your opponent all night isn't what I would describe as "dominates them in every aspect".

GSP has the skills to finish guys he just doesn't. Not sure why.

Sending his oponent into a near retirement isn't dominating ?
KOS had no legs rd 4 and 5, and couldn't see from one eye.

When Crocop breaks an orbital he's a legend.

When Pac totally dominates fights to decision he's a legend.

When GSP does it he sucks.

Great fighter. only chance is he shows up less 100% or gets caught with a hay maker

Lets be honest, the doctor could have stopped the fight anywhere after the 3rd and no one would have argued that.

What do people want from him? Do they want him to close his eyes and wing punches? The talk on this forum prior to the fight were gems like this:

StoutGapedTheQueen - The only two people GSP has outstruck in the UFC has been Hieron and Fitch. In all the other fights he's refused to engage in any striking, oh... except in the first Serra fight, and we all know what happened there. Bingo'd.

frontstreet - its a hell of a lot better than gsps for sure

gsp hasnt stood toe to toe with anyone since the serra beatdown for a reason.

StoutGapedTheQueen - 

And I agree with you: it's the smart thing to do. He's just playing to his strengths. All I was doing was pointing out a fact to some of his more nuthungry fans: he's not a great striker and he didn't outstrike Hardy, Penn, Alves, etc... he out MMA'd them. Subtle but important difference.

StoutGapedTheQueen - 

The thing is, I think GSP is actually a good striker, but mentally he's not prepared to go out there and strike with guys, even if they're below his skill level. I remember one interview where he said standing and banging is like flipping a coin - either guy could win and it's random. That's his problem I think. He could be knocking a lot of these guys out and getting some stoppages under his belt, but he just needs to make that mental leap.

Meeshka -  GSP won't stand with Kos. He fears the punches. Didn't we learn this with Hardy? Phone Post

Bold Mine

So he stands up and dominates a guy on his feet with a brilliant jab, solid right hands and some excellent leg kicks. He uses head movement and footwork to slip punches. In short, he shows everyone that he is a very skilled striker.

This isn't a guy you runs and pot shots or Gets a takedown and stays in guard to kill time. This is a man who is always moving, always attacking (with strikes or by improving positions) and in his last few fight has beaten guys up just not gotten a stoppage. Not everyone is a 1 punch KO guy. Others finish guys with a cumlination of techiques. With the possible exception of the Alves fight, all of GSP's recent decisions could have easily ended in a Doctors stoppage or in the hardy fight a submission.

2cash2quit - 
Tomato Can - 
2cash2quit - 
Guys like aldo go for the kill the second the bell rings, even in title fights. Has less losses than GSP.

Did you see Aldo/Faber?

Now STFD and STFU.

Yup, damn good fight. Aldo tried to finish the entire fight. You see thats the difference. Even if it still goes to the judges, both aldo and faber tried to hurt eachother.

Either you didn't see the fight or your memory just sucks, because Aldo clearly did not try to finish in the 5th round when Faber was fighting on 1 leg.

TTT