Why I want to be on TUF 15!

Hey Undergrounder's. My name is Tyler Minton and I am a 3-0 professional fighter out of TN. I recently tried out for TUF 15 in Vegas and made it all the way through to the interview. Now it's a waiting game. I know several UFC big wigs scan through the Underground, and this may not make one bit of difference, but I'm willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get what I want.

Let me start by saying I wasn't among the most experienced or notable fighters who tried out on December 5th. I understand that but it doesn't matter to me. Other fighters may have better records, a better look, or come from a big name gym, but nobody at those tryouts wants the opportunity more than me. I was raised in northeast TN by hardworking parents and would disgrace them if I were anything less. I'm 24 years old, married, and own my own fitness gym so that I can train MMA full time. I put 20-25 hours a week into training and have devoted my life to the sport. While my friends spent their late teens and early twenties drinking and partying, I stayed away from all that knowing that it would have a negative impact on my training and health. I've been blessed with a personality that draws people too me and am grateful to have some of the best fans anyone could ever want. I was voted TN's Most Popular Fighter by aroundtheoctagon.com and am currently ranked #2 Middleweight in the state by the same site. Even as an amateur I had a hoard of fans who would stop at nothing to support me and anything I was involved in and the numbers have only grown now that I'm professional. I understand that I'm at a lower class than guys like Dana White and others but I want the chance to prove that guys like that give guys like me a chance to succeed. I come from a town where people work their fingers to the bone and receive no recognition or return for it... I want the chance to prove that hard work and determination do pay off and theirs a reward at the end for those who never quit no matter the odds. I'd appreciate any support I can get from Undergrounders, and as far as anyone who matters goes--- Give me a shot!!!

Good luck! Wheres your green name?

I train with Tyler at both Team Oxendine and his fitness gym "the colosseum". He is a really hard worker with unlimited potential. He would make a great addition to the show. If you want to check him out (and a blue would be so kind).

Twitter
@meleeminton

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tyler-Melee-Minton/167736501986

Tyler's gym
http://www.jccolosseum.com/

ttt

I was contacted by the show a few years back and asked to send in a dvd of me being me.I guess watching me being a father ,husband, teacher/coach,and training wasn't interesting enough to put on the show with a bunch of fools.

TylerMeleeMinton -  I'm 24 years old, married, and own my own fitness gym so that I can train MMA full time. I put 20-25 hours a week into training and have devoted my life to the sport. While my friends spent their late teens and early twenties drinking and partying, I stayed away from all that knowing that it would have a negative impact on my training and health. I've been blessed with a personality that draws people too me and am grateful to have some of the best fans anyone could ever want. I was voted TN's Most Popular Fighter by aroundtheoctagon.com and am currently ranked #2 Middleweight in the state by the same site.......

Blah blah blah.

What pranks have you got lined up?  Will you be fighting people in the garden?  How quickly can you destroy a cardboard door?  How would you react if someone jizzed on your sushi?

THESE are the questions that matter

Yeah I need to get that green name taken care of. Phone Post

Frobenius,
These are excellent questions. First off, let me say I am the prank master and some may be illegal in certain states. I used to have to work in a garden for my mom so I'd welcome the opportunity to stomp a few flowers. Lastly, I will rip that cardboard to shreds and put it back together with the blood of anyone who messed with my sushi. I love my sushi. Phone Post

Do you want to be champion or just make some money. Phone Post

Good Luck!

I can think of a hundred easier, more painless ways to make money. I want to be the best. Phone Post

Good luck dude, let us know how you make out. Sounds like you are motivated and focused. What was your ammy record out of curiosity>

^^^^Click on his new green name & it shows his stats!! Looks like an official 4-1 amateur record.

Tyler any other competition background? Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling?

Anyone that trains with Ox will do well!

8-1 Amateur record actually. Not all MMA promoters take the effort to post results unfortunately. I have a wresting background as well as an extensive background in "Stubborn, Won't Quit White Boy". Phone Post

do something crazy with your hair, like devil horns with the rest bald. leave that image burnt in their heads at the interview

You absolutely handled your own against Wand's best on Saturday and Tuesday. Not to mention you have some serious speaking skills. The next coming of Chael! Phone Post

I already went through the interview process. I'm not fake in any way. If they don't like me for what I am then that's that. I love to speak, love the camera, get off to entertaining, and am a hard dude to out trash talk. That should be good enough... Phone Post

The only way you can get in is to take a load from Dana .. Do you agree Phone Post

This kid is for real. He's in the gym morning, noon, and night..and looked incredible at the tryouts. I know because I was holding the mits when he threw his "double whammy back kick" for Joe Silva ;)

But do you really want to be a fucking fighter?!?! Phone Post