Why I Won't Watch Fedor's First Strikeforce Fight

I thought the OP was pretty funny.

I call bullshit

Mad Xyientist - extremely homoerotic post.

Seriously, OP! Blowjobs, cumming in pants, dirty whore, orgies, bukkake....

Is there something you need to get off your chest bro?....

""game changer" and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world"."

Except when it cmes to Fedor, those are actually true.

TheClips - 
Mad Xyientist - extremely homoerotic post.

Seriously, OP! Blowjobs, cumming in pants, dirty whore, orgies, bukkake....

Is there something you need to get off your chest bro?....

Sadly, this is just a by-product from watching the last Strikeforce show. I don't feel that way about Kenny Rice and Bas Ruten (who really are the best announcers sans Goldberg and Rogan).

"The number of fights has nothing to do with it. It's about who you fight, and how you win. Fedor beat Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski in his last two fights. Brock beat Randy Couture and Frank Mir in his last two fights. You cannot argue that Brock's competition was a cut higher than Fedor's. Brock could be 2-0, he would still be better. You are only as good as your last fight, just because you're 30-1 doesn't mean you're the best RIGHT NOW. That is my point"

So you had both Sokodjou and Matt Serra ranked as the nr 1 fighter in their division at one point?

what a crap thread

yeah, the commentators really over hype the number 1 HW in the world for the last 6 years, please

how about Joe everyone is world class Rogan and Mike you know Roy Jones Jr respects the hands of Forrest Griffin Goldberg

you gotta be kidding me

Thank you for saying what needed to be sayed!

Diego stole my name -  So you had both Sokodjou and Matt Serra ranked as the nr 1 fighter in their division at one point?

Sokodjou never beat a #1, so he never was #1.

Matt Serra on the other hand...well, just take a look for yourself.

Dude, you have to be kidding.

You either watch it with the volume down or off or invite a bunch of friends over that night....everyone talks so loud you can't hear the commentary anyway.

Mute.

/thread

I can deal with Johnson. Renallo and his over-the-top voice and schtick is a bit much for me. Is Don "The Dragon" Wilson free? He is pretty good, and a more calmer. Plus I would love to hear how he would fight Fedor and Moussasi.

I say we start a petition to get Kenny Rice and Bas Ruten to do it. They are Strikeforce-friendly, they do HDNET shows all the time!

"Your vote has been cast."

"Sokodjou never beat a #1, so he never was #1."

neither has Brock.

I also find it strange that you want to move down Fedor for inactivity yet you dont use that argument for Randy who was retired and had not fought in over a year

How come Randy was instantly a top 10 HW after making a comeback?

mmaweekly, same source you used for Serras number 1 position did not have Randy in their top 10 in either october or november 2008

Diego stole my name - "Sokodjou never beat a #1, so he never was #1."

neither has Brock.

I also find it strange that you want to move down Fedor for inactivity yet you dont use that argument for Randy who was retired and had not fought in over a year

How come Randy was instantly a top 10 HW after making a comeback?

mmaweekly, same source you used for Serras number 1 position did not have Randy in their top 10 in either october or november 2008

I never said move Fedor down for inactivity. He should be moved down because other fighters have fought and are scheduled to fight better competition. Fedor wants to spar with Mousasi instead.

Randy was #2 before he was removed from MMAWeekly due to their policy of removing fighters who haven't fought for a year. The same thing happened to Fedor, who was reinstated as #1 when he finally fought again. Why should Randy not get the same treatment? All of which, is arbitrary and based solely on MMAWeekly's ratings policy. I don't even trust their ratings, and only used it as a point to say that yes, if you beat a #1, you should be #1 until you lose. As was the case with Matt Serra.

On the other hand, if a fighter consistently beats higher ranked opponents than the current #1 who doesn't, that is cause for a new ranking too. If GSP fought fringe top 10-top 20 guys, and Jon Fitch fought #2, 3 and 4...who's the better fighter? It's hard to argue GSP because he never fought the top fighters, this is the position Fedor is in. He MAY be the best, but new fighters like Carwin, Velasquez, a resurgent Mir, and of course Brock have all come along in the past year or so. Why does Fedor get to keep his #1 if he can't prove himself against the new crop of HW's out there? By beating fringe top 10 fighters he gets to keep that ranking? While Brock fights all the newly ranked guys...he has to stay at #2 because he never beat Fedor? It's all bullshit and all politics. You are only as good as your last fight. Period.

Hus, that's one way of looking at it. Another, more sensible way would be that Fedor held the number 1 spot before all of those fighters came along and in order to take it from him they have to beat him.

You can go on about fringe top 20 guys but when he fought Sylvia and Arlovski they were both widely recognized as top 10 fighters.

DROC

"He should be moved down because other fighters have fought and are scheduled to fight better competition"

Then why claim Brocks two wins wich include Randy were better than Fedors?

Randy had been inactive and his last good win Gonzaga was beaten up convincingly while Randy was retired. Meanwhile Tim after losing to Randy had beaten an undefeated Brandon Vera who was coming off a brutal KO win over Frank Mir

And thats without bringing up the fact that Arlovski had beaten Werdum and Pe De Pano (who had beaten Mir by TKO) and left the UFC on a winning record.

At the end of the day. Your argument is nothing new. It was used in 2005-2006 aswell. Back when Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia were the HW champions. Its a circular logic

If Brock leaves UFC tomorrow to fight Fedor and loses. Then you would still claim Shane Carwin is now the new number 1 HW in the world because he beat Cain Velasquez and Cheick Kongo. It has nothing to do with who has beaten better competition. But everything to do with who is in the UFC

I swear the number of UG'ers who don't know shit about the sport has risen tenfold since Brock entered the UFC.

No! It has nothing to do with the UFC! It has EVERYTHING to do with where the best fighters are. Back when Pride was still around, my points were still the same. There was no way Chuck should've been #1 until he beat Wanderlei. Back then, Pride was where the UFC is now. And popular opinion reflected that, since most Pride champs were ranked higher than UFC champs.

Look, Fedor is a great fighter, but if he will never again face an opponent who is ranked higher than #7 or #8 (Overeem), he should not get to keep his ranking. That goes for any #1 fighter. GSP, Machida, BJ, Anderson...all of them, they need to fight the best guys, regardless of organization to keep their #1 ranking. It just so happens the UFC has most of the top fighters.