why is Al Snow so angry?

the guy is probably my favorite wrestler of the 90s, loved his work

i have been listening to some interviews with him lately and he just sounds like an angry bitter dickhead in almost every single one of them

is he just angry about the way his career panned out, or has he just always been an asshole?

He just needs more head.

I don't know why he would be-

for his rather pedestrian level of talent and charisma, he had a pretty damn good career that included long stints in WWE as a worker and trainer, a featured spot on their then-popular Tough Enough show, and a good run in ECW.

WaltJ - I don't know why he would be-

for his rather pedestrian level of talent and charisma, he had a pretty damn good career that included long stints in WWE as a worker and trainer, a featured spot on their then-popular Tough Enough show, and a good run in ECW.

He overachieved. He should be thrilled with the career he had.

My only guess would be some sort of resentment of the success that Foley had.  Either way, you guys are right.  He had a good enough career as far as his talent and marketability go.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

Yeah he was kind of a dick even answering for Severn at that UFC haha

ArtWanderlei -  My only guess would be some sort of resentment of the success that Foley had.  Either way, you guys are right.  He had a good enough career as far as his talent and marketability go.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

why resent Foley, specifically?

and i'm not saying that he didn't get as far as his skills should have taken him.  i'm just saying that in his own mind, i wonder if he thought he should have been bigger

Namedropping douche time, but I see Al fairly often and never thought of him as an asshole per the OP's question, though I will say he seems quite uninterested in the wrestling product these days, and could see him getting annoyed at some of the questioning as it pertains to what's going on today - as far as questions of yesterday, who knows. I thought he had a great run.

why Mick?  Because they were pretty close, so I am thinking that could be it. http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

Dr. Pepper - the guy is probably my favorite wrestler of the 90s, loved his work

i have been listening to some interviews with him lately and he just sounds like an angry bitter dickhead in almost every single one of them

is he just angry about the way his career panned out, or has he just always been an asshole?

Is there a former wrestler who isn't an angry, bitter dickhead? This business seems to turn out the most bitter people. Nature of the business I guess.

The more wrestling-related books I read, the more amazed I am at how delusional these guys really are.

Reading Eddy's book right now, and while I'm not debating whether he was a nice guy or not, but damn was he a "MARK" for "the business". These guys have such a warped, carny mindset about this shit. I guess it's like Eddy said- wrestlers never have the chance to grow up until it's too late, and when it's time, few of them can.

It's like at some point, these people get so wrapped up in "working", the gimmicks, and all the other bullshit that they forget that it's a show. It's not real.