Why is Arvlosky so great????

All I see onthis forum.He'll beat Tim,He'll murder Frank.He can do this he can do that.

What has he really done to make him so great?

I've only seen him seen him KO Cabbage and drool.

Get KOed himself by Rizzo.

IT's a combination of a few things. He's considered exciting by the guys who only like standup battles, and he's favoured over Sylvia - from the very hated MFS camp, and Mir who seems to have copped a fair bit of heat for his comments and insecure internet virgins.

he has good takedown defense and he can strike. that's all you need to beat Mir. I don't know if he could beat tim or not

Rizzo will always beat Arlovski, Alovski will beat Mir. It's all about how the styles match up.

i disagree Rizzo will always beat Arlovski. Rizzo is easily beatable by dec, because you can lull him to sleep

"Rizzo is easily beatable by dec, because you can lull him to sleep"

Heh, true that.

i mean, Rizzo did get beat on the feet by Randy and Gan, of all people. You can't say he's always going to win the stand up

hmm...maybe you're right. i'll retract the always statement, and say almost always. better?

I'd actually pick Arlovski over Rizzo most of the time. That fight was earlier in Arlovski's career and he still, if my memory serves me correctly, was winning until he got caught with the bomb. He's much improved now.

He's got terrific punching power and accuracy, and good subs too. He's a very well rounded fighter.

"he has good takedown defense and he can strike. that's all you need to beat Mir"

tell that to Simms :)

Arlovski seems to have all the tools to be great, will he beat Arlovski?? Not sure. Travis , Pete , Tank , Simms and Sylvia were all supposed to beat Mir as well.

I dunno. The only somewhat recent fight I can recall where someone was attempting to get Arlovski to the ground was Vladdy, and he is so much smaller than Mir.

I think the threat from Arlovski to Mir is like Sylvia times 2.. he is going to be very dangerous on the feet. But despite him having a better ground game than Sylvia, I think Arlovski will be at a serious disadvantage to Mir if that fight goes to the ground.

Both guys are killers within their game, so I expect a quick fight either way.

It's what he's done after he lost to Rizzo. He's on a vicious KO streak.
He knocked out a few guys who had reps for having iron chins. Nobody
really jumped on his bandwagon right away. (that's my observation) As
he's been knocking people out, more and more people are talking
about him. He's young too, so he has a lot of fights ahead of him.