Why is Cormier Getting Progessively Easier Fights?

Cormier is to 205.

The Jones fans are scared to death of this and naysay this move at every turn but its happening. Phone Post 3.0

Cormier is way too slow for Jones. He might beat LHWs with Bonnar Griffin athleticism, but he excels at being the quicker man at HW. He, like Fedor are better suited for the sloths at HW where they have a distinct speed advantage.

TheGoldenRule - 

Wow. No offense to Mir, but Roy is hardly a step down from him. He hits much harder, has a far better chin than all the mentioned previous opponents in the op, and has beaten Mir twice in bjj tourneys.
DC is a beast, but this will be a huge test for him. He hits very hard, but nobody (including JDS) can downplay Roy's granite chin.
He's got great wrestling, but Roy has great tdd, and better jj than Mir. And Cormier has never fought anyone with the one shot ko power of Nelson.
I dunno what the odds are in this fight, but if they're in favor of DC, the smart money's on Roy... (of course that doesn't mean easy money)
... DC will either prove he's worthy of his accolades, or if he's just as overrated as the many nay Sayers say in this fight. .. both are strong possibilities. Phone Post

Roy beat Mir at BJJ 13 years ago. Mir has beaten all time greats and crushed them. Roy beats B level guys and loses to A level guys. Mir made Roy look like an amatuer when they fought.

No one other that Werdum has better BJJ at HW than Mir, not even Nog. Roy isn't in the same class

Cask Strength - It's not so much about whether DC is taking a step up as it is about Nelson getting beat down. Remember that whole "we have a deep roster and don't have room for gatekeepers who can't win big fights" thing? Roy is going to be cut number 2 under that policy.
That's code for 'we don't want dominant, wrestling based decision fighters'. Roy is unique, a knockout artist and a recognisable name. No way Big Country gets cut. Secretly Dana loves their banter. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - Cormier is to 205.

The Jones fans are scared to death of this and naysay this move at every turn but its happening. Phone Post 3.0
Lol at fans being scared to death of an exciting fight. Phone Post 3.0

Most people out there love to watch a Roy Nelson fight. People are drawn to watching him fight and he usually puts on a fucking show. So they get to put a lesser known potential star in a fight with a big name guy to get him over with the audience. Then whoever he challenges next he will carry some weight. Phone Post 3.0

Don't sleep on my fat Brother from another mother ... Roy is getting the Win ! Phone Post 3.0

You're a pathetic person. Phone Post 3.0

I think you have us true Jones fans mistaken. I think Jones is the GOAT, of all weight classes. I want him to go HW and prove it. I also want him to fight everyone who questions him (like DC) because I enjoy watching him crush his opponents time after time and ruin the haters dreams of him being dethroned.

Hats off to Gus as he fought an amazing fight, but most heavyweights don't have his height and reach. I guarantee you a little T-Rex like DC isn't a threat.

If this fight happens I hope DC gets hyped to be the favorite because I'm dropping a thousand on Jones and laughing to the bank. Phone Post 3.0

TheGoldenRule - Wow. No offense to Mir, but Roy is hardly a step down from him. He hits much harder, has a far better chin than all the mentioned previous opponents in the op, and has beaten Mir twice in bjj tourneys.
DC is a beast, but this will be a huge test for him. He hits very hard, but nobody (including JDS) can downplay Roy's granite chin.
He's got great wrestling, but Roy has great tdd, and better jj than Mir. And Cormier has never fought anyone with the one shot ko power of Nelson.
I dunno what the odds are in this fight, but if they're in favor of DC, the smart money's on Roy... (of course that doesn't mean easy money)
... DC will either prove he's worthy of his accolades, or if he's just as overrated as the many nay Sayers say in this fight. .. both are strong possibilities. Phone Post
Did you just say Roy Nelson has better BJJ than Frank Mir...??!?? Phone Post 3.0

By no stretch easy, I hope Roy takes it... Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - Cormier is way too slow for Jones. He might beat LHWs with Bonnar Griffin athleticism, but he excels at being the quicker man at HW. He, like Fedor are better suited for the sloths at HW where they have a distinct speed advantage.

I think DC is faster, it's just a ton of distance he would have to cover. Phone Post

Shoryuken Rw -

You're a pathetic person. Phone Post 3.0
Did I hurt your little feelings, Ryu?

Wish I could muster up a fuck to give. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with those that say Cormier is being built up to promo a future fight with Jones. It does seem like it might take a hw who can cut to 205 may be the only one to beat Jones.

MasterofMartialArts -
TheGoldenRule - Wow. No offense to Mir, but Roy is hardly a step down from him. He hits much harder, has a far better chin than all the mentioned previous opponents in the op, and has beaten Mir twice in bjj tourneys.
Did you just say Roy Nelson has better BJJ than Frank Mir...??!?? Phone Post 3.0

It does sound dumber when you isolate it as an individual statement taken from the whole, doesn't it? Lol.
Scratch that from my post, or put it specifically into the context of my overall post regarding having beaten Mir in bjj tourneys, and it sounds better. .. sorta. Phone Post

TheGoldenRule -
MasterofMartialArts -

It does sound dumber when you isolate it as an individual statement taken from the whole, doesn't it? Lol.
Scratch that from my post, or put it specifically into the context of my overall post regarding having beaten Mir in bjj tourneys, and it sounds better. .. sorta. Phone Post

So you are saying that the sport of BJJ is exactly the same as BJJ in MMA???

I couldn't give a fuck less about a tournament that happened years ago.

Frank Mir has a MUCH proven BJJ track record inside the cage than Roy Nelson.

I thought you would read between the lines in my previous post. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - 
TheGoldenRule -
MasterofMartialArts -

So you are saying that the sport of BJJ is exactly the same as BJJ in MMA???

I couldn't give a fuck less about a tournament that happened years ago.

Frank Mir has a MUCH proven BJJ track record inside the cage than Roy Nelson.

I thought you would read between the lines in my previous post. Phone Post 3.0

you're too smart to think I tried to convey that I believe the sport of BJJ is exactly the same as BJJ in MMA.

I dunno how to address what you do or dont give a fuck about. I guarantee DC has Roy's ownership of a BJJ BB in the back of his mind.
(its not all about you)

I agree Mir has proven more BJJ prowess in the cage than Roy... but semantically it could be argued that Mir's terrible TDD requires him to have done so.... I would thus contend that if Roy had been forced to display his BJJ prowess, you may have more grounds to praise his BJJ in the cage than you are doing now.

I did... and I thought you would get that i do realize that my original post did leave it sounding like I was outright saying that Roy's BJJ was better than franks... I wasnt... it probably isnt... but the OP called Roy a step down in comp... I was merely pointing out specifics as to why I disagreed.
Sorry I cluttered your forum with my opinion.

I voted you up in hopes you understand my temperament