Why is Dana so crazy about rematches?

Jesus, just let the Division become interesting for a moment!

I'm normally the first to complain about immediate rematches, but if anyone in the UFC has earned an immediate rematch it's Anderson.

if there's ever a rematch that's called for, it's this.

$

Money, dummy.

Easy, money. Phone Post 3.0

mixedmartialfarts -

I'm normally the first to complain about immediate rematches, but if anyone in the UFC has earned an immediate rematch it's Anderson.

. Phone Post 3.0

zedlepln -

$

. Phone Post 3.0

Pay per view Justin.

Something shady Phone Post 3.0

Dug himself a hole by granting so many in the past. Imagine if he didn't offer Anderson silva one yet gave Frankie one and then a Title shot in another division ! Phone Post 3.0

Why is a rematch warranted? I could see if it was due to a controversial decision like in Edgar v Penn 1. But Silva was arrogant and got KTFO. He should have a tune up match and then get a title shot. Immediate rematch kinda discredits the new champ as you have to beat the former one twice to prove your legitimacy.

perfy - Why is a rematch warranted? I could see if it was due to a controversial decision like in Edgar v Penn 1. But Silva was arrogant and got KTFO. He should have a tune up match and then get a title shot. Immediate rematch kinda discredits the new champ as you have to beat the former one twice to prove your legitimacy.

Agreed.

Wasn't like a flash KO. Silva was out cold.

I dont get it either. When GSP lost to Serra he had to fight Kos first. When Matt Hughes lost to GSP he fought chris lytle first then a rematch with GSP.

I can understand giving the champion a rematch since its in their contract clause but right away? didnt they want to make anderson have 1 tuneup fight just so they can make the hype bigger?

There was nothing contraversial in this win. It was pretty one sided. Or is it that Anderson just signed that 10 fight contract and so they want him to be champion. nutty stuff.

But like Zed said its gotta be the cash a rematch would bring. THey just lost Silva vs Jones or GSP so they need him in another money maker fight fast.

NomoRomophobia - 
zedlepln -

$

. Phone Post 3.0

$$$$$$$$$$

12 -
NomoRomophobia - 
zedlepln -

$

. Phone Post 3.0

$$$$$$$$$$
. Phone Post 3.0

Money u goof

I'd do

Wiedman vs Vitor

Anderson vs RJJ

also I'd do
Cain vs Werdum

And JDS vs Cormier

perfy - Why is a rematch warranted? I could see if it was due to a controversial decision like in Edgar v Penn 1. But Silva was arrogant and got KTFO. He should have a tune up match and then get a title shot. Immediate rematch kinda discredits the new champ as you have to beat the former one twice to prove your legitimacy.

money hungry goons. it does take away from the champ because it makes it seem like Weidman is the halfway champ and only becomes real champ if he wins again, doesn't allow him to strive for his own goals and his own legacy

We may very well get a year worth of Weidman/Silva fights and jam the division for a long time. If Silva wins the rematch, I'm sure there will be another rematch to complete the triology.