Why is GSP's JAB so dangerous? (Answer within)

StoutGapedTheQueen - 
Poleeko -  GriffinQ 2 hours ago StoutGapedTheQueen - Because Koscheck couldn't box his way out of a wet paper bag... He's still ahead of Daley, who couldn't out-grapple a 6 year old paraplegic girl. That made me laugh. (ps It would be nice to have a real quote function) Phone Post

The worst that will ever happen to Daley is he gets layed on for 3 or 5 rounds. When someone like Kos loses it's via fractured orbital or by KO.

You will never see Semtex laid out on the canvas. I'd take striking prowess over wrestling any day of the week.

Jake Shields could have broken Daleys arm into tiny little pieces if he chose to. Nick Thompson beat him up on the feet, where Daley is supposedly at his best. Both of those things are a little bit worse than being laid on for 3-5 rounds.

And striking prowess don't mean shit if you can't wrestle. 

frederic - 
Douche - Why? Because in MMA nobody uses a jab. It's all over hand rights and leaping left hooks.
I love how everyone forgets BJ Penn's amazing use of it in fights against Sherk etc.

Rogan and Goldie seem to steer the audience wrong with their "the best ever", "world class", "never seen this before" theatrics.

Florian used an amazing jab against gomi as well. Lot's of examples of good jabs. Alessio was one of the firsts to have it.

Either way...gsp had a nasty one and the Jab IS completely underused.

4de1 - 
dimesnake - He was keeping Koscheck guessing if it was a "shooting" motion or a jab coming to the face. This is why MMA is so great. The Jab was being set up almost as a fake shot. Koscheck was expecting a shot almost every time and instead got hit in the eye. Koscheck also has muscle memory to be ready for the shot due to years of wrestling and probably a training camp of sprawling so that jab was even more lethal.

Perfect game plan by GSP and Team Jackson.

great analysis!

rewatch the fight...i won't completely discount your analysis, but I think it would be more accurate to say that the double jab was the reason for GSP's success. The first jab would cause koscheck to try to parry the strike or move back, and GSP would follow up immediately with a second jab that was landing at will because of the new opening.

cause head-movement in mma is is almost non-existent.

GSP will keep his opponents guessing for long time. He has too many weapons and no real weakness.

frederic - 
Douche - Why? Because in MMA nobody uses a jab. It's all over hand rights and leaping left hooks.
I love how everyone forgets BJ Penn's amazing use of it in fights against Sherk etc.

Rogan and Goldie seem to steer the audience wrong with their "the best ever", "world class", "never seen this before" theatrics.

Correct BJ has used the jab effectively but not to that length

dimesnake - He was keeping Koscheck guessing if it was a "shooting" motion or a jab coming to the face. This is why MMA is so great. The Jab was being set up almost as a fake shot. Koscheck was expecting a shot almost every time and instead got hit in the eye. Koscheck also has muscle memory to be ready for the shot due to years of wrestling and probably a training camp of sprawling so that jab was even more lethal.

Perfect game plan by GSP and Team Jackson.

yer on the right track son... that was for sure a factor.