Why is it that few like

Why is it that few people seem to enjoy Creed?

Tremonti is not a low skilled guitarist, and he has a great sound. The drummer falls solidly into the groove. The singer has a strong voice. He may be a bit of a moron off stage for whatever reason, but is that enough of a cause to hate these guys? Is it because they've become so popular that people have started to hate them?

Personally, i love Tremonti's guitar work. He is not a shredder, but he does a great job at arranging his music, and making it sound good.

Am I missing something?

The lead singer acts as if he is the second coming of Jesus.

That is reason enough for me to hate them.

Besides the fact that they are 100% corporate schlock rock poser bullshit that should be destroyed.

'Besides the fact that they are 100% corporate schlock rock poser bullshit that should be destroyed."

Pretty much sums it up for me.

'Besides the fact that they are 100% corporate schlock rock poser bullshit that should be destroyed."What makes it schlock rock? What is this mysterious formula?Hillybilly, i know that you are a helluva guitarist, so I can see that you do not like the arrangement of the music, but what makes it corporate rock? Personal shots at Scott Staff aside, we can agree that he is an ass; what makes em bad?They are far from my favorite band, that goes to SRV and Black Label; but I like what i hear none the less. Is the music just too polished?

Aside from the singers vibe, the main thing I don't like about them is they just seem like recycled music with nothing new thrown back into it. I sort of see the songwriting process like this, 'Hmmm, this worked for Pearl Jam, this worked for 3 doors down, lets keep doing that for a while.'

I've have only heard the singles though.

Didn't they compare themselves to Led Zeppelin? Before they start doing that they should realize that they're more like a shitty Pearl Jam cover band.

Interesting to hear everyones opinion! I cannot hear the Pearl Jam though. I guess that is because I have a bias against Pearl Jam. ;-) I have never found any of their music something that I could get into. It just seems to me to be thin, and weak sounding. But then again, that comes from a dislike of the guitarists sound.

I guess basically, it could be said that bands like Creed and 3 Doors are the new 3 chord rock?

I enjoyed there first album, i even went to edgefest to see them play second stage a few years ago, i don't mind there new stuff but is has grown old and recycled