Why is it?

Why is it the people who like to shit on music they do not like always seem to listen to music that most people would consider horrible? I was on facebook the other day watching a couple of friends of mine dog a 3rd friend because he likes what they called "bro-metal", so bands like Disturbed and Godsmack. Thing is these two listen to punk/oy style music, nothing wrong with that but you would think someone who listens to music that most people consider garbage would be a bit more understanding about other peoples tastes. 

viorage -

I don't know but I hate it when people don't like the music I like.

It's the same thing with politics, I don't understand the other side no matter how hard I try

there is a difference between not liking the music someone else likes and shitting on it. I do not like punk music but you wont hear me telling people that it is garbage, its just not for me.  

crazy guys hate Creed yet like rap

Country sucks.

Nuclear energy is a con

It's just a cover for making their bombs

And it sends people to an early grave

So we want the power of the wind and the waves

Harness the wind

Harness the waves

We don't need this filthy nuclear waste

Solar power - yet another alternative

Think of the boundless energy the sun has to give

Then there's hydro-electricity with turbines and dams

And we can out our consumption with conservation programmes

Harness the wind

The sun the waves

The civil atomic energy programmes is nothing but an elaborate cover-up for the real use of nuclear power namely the production of fissile materials for nuclear weapons We call for an end to the nuclear power programmes and properly funded research into renewable sources of energy

Harness the wind

The sun the waves

Good points, Jay. live and let live. 

That said, a little innocent shit talking amongst friends certainly has it's own merits. 

ufc98newb - 

That said, a little innocent shit talking amongst friends certainly has it's own merits. 

Yep, I have no idea how a person can have friends without breaking each others balls. If you aren't doing that you're not friends, you're friendly acquaintances.

At least that's how I grew up. Maybe it's different now.

NEWSFLASH -
ufc98newb - 

Yep, I have no idea how a person can have friends without breaking each others balls. If you aren't doing that you're not friends, you're friendly acquaintances.

At least that's how I grew up. Maybe it's different now.

oh i agree but that is not what was going on in this case. 

FUNK DAT!

Passive Jay -
viorage -

I don't know but I hate it when people don't like the music I like.

It's the same thing with politics, I don't understand the other side no matter how hard I try

there is a difference between not liking the music someone else likes and shitting on it. I do not like punk music but you wont hear me telling people that it is garbage, its just not for me.  

That’s because you’re a friendly and genuine person.  Get used to not understanding why the vast majority of people are shitty. I’m 37 and have hair accepted that most people don’t think like me. 

Not that I’m “better” persay. But that I’m in the minority because I don’t judge people for personal preferences 

Slydawg -

Ministry you Mo Fo! 

Ministry, KMFDM, reverend Horton Heat, thrill kill kult, bad brains... all allowed me to miss out on the grunge scene. 

And I’m ok with it 

I love Nickelback.

Oi! to world fackers