Why is Josh Barnett top-10?

chief,

let's see your version of the top 10 HWs

Barnett is quickly becoming the Tito Ortiz of mma. He wouldnt fight, runs his mouth, and considers himself the best.

Fucken fight someone worthy already! His debut in PRIDE was a disgrace. I always considered him a serious threat but now its at the point where I dont care to talk about him until he fights again. He is out of the picture untill next year I beleive.

1.) Fedor Emelianenko

2.) Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira

3.) Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic

4.) Frank Mir

5.) Tim Sylvia

6.) Andrei Arlovski

7.) Aleksander Emelianenko

8.) Mark Hunt

9.) Fujita

10.)Ogawa

I could also think of about a dozen other HW's, not on my list, that rank above Barnett.

Your original knock on Barnett was that he beat a much lighter Randy Couture.

Mark Hunt's only substantial "win" is against a much lighter Wanderlei Silva, and almost no one including Hunt himself thought he won.

Hunt also lost to a much lighter Yoshida and beat Dan Bobish.

By reasoning of their recent match against each other, Jimmy Ambriz should be considered better than Dan Bobish. Bobish didn't last 1 minute with Ambriz.

Barnett beat Ambriz which by all means should be considered more credible than Hunt beating Dan Bobish.

It's losing to a lighter Yoshida, "beating" a lighter Silva and beating Dan Bobish

vs.

not legitimately losing a fight in almost 4 years, winning the UFC HW belt, beating a lighter Kondo to become KOP, a heavier Ambriz, a heavier Schilt, and 2 other guys with winning records.

How does Hunt rate above Barnett?

Alex Emelianenko, (whom I like BTW), is like Barnett, 5-1 in his last six.

Josh and Alex both lost to the same person, though Alex lost much more decisively than Josh.

In the last few years, Josh beat a UFC Champ, two Kings of Pancrase and a KOTC Champ.

Alex beat...

Hmmmm, I felt that Cro-cop's victory over Barnett was much more decisive. Probobly one of the most decisive fights of the year, in fact.

Barnett beat Kondo, but Hunt beat Silva.

Barnett's victory over Couture is null. We dont factor that.

Ogawa has 3 wins in the last 3 years.

In that same time, his opponents have gone 2-7.

If you think the sum of Matt Ghaffari, Stefan Leko and Giant Silva

are equal to

the sum of Couture, Schilt, Kondo, Ambriz, Rooze, and Takahashi

then there's no use in me talking to you any longer.

Alex beat Silva, Barretto, Angelo Araujo, and James Thomson. All very worthy opponents.

Barnett beat Armbiz and Semmy.....nowhere close to the competition that Alex has faced.

"Hmmmm, I felt that Cro-cop's victory over Barnett was much more decisive. Probobly one of the most decisive fights of the year, in fact. "

==============================

I'll take this statement as your way of saying you admit you were wrong, and you will now troll for the remainder of the thread.

You can take it for whatever you want.

The fact is, Alex offered a hell of alot more fight to Cro Cop than Barnett did, LOL.

Barnett was fucking OWNED by Cro Cop to the point of making bogus excuses, if you can't see that, then sayanora.

Anybody that disses barnett, must not know a good fighter when they see one. I agree he must fight more before being ranked so high, but If he comes back healthy and in shape he could beat any of the following:

Frank Mir, Cro cop, Nogueira, Mino, Fedor, Rodriguez, tim sylvia... and the list goes on.

He was the first to be one of those Heavyweights that move like middleweights. His skills on the ground are far beyond other heavyweights, including striking from his back.

LAUGH OUT LOUD at all of you who underestimate Josh Barnett.
(bring it on)

Let me guess, your all the same people that think Mirko CRO COP is going to knock out FEDOR.

No, Fedor will win

Fujita is on my list, Sergei hasn't done enough to warrant a top-10 spot.

Nearly beating Nog

What?

lets just say "hanging with nog" he was never in trouble vs the finishing machine of mma

"lil" Fedor beat Mir. You have got to be kidding!

It's a joke that anyone has Josh in their top 10

For me, it should have to do with.........

1) Who have they fought?

2) Who have they beat?

3) How often have they fought?

If all of us would apply these three little questions to each fighter considered, most all of us would easily come up with the same top 10

Aleksander is likely in Pride almost solely because of his brother.