Why is no one asking for a Mayweather/Cotto fight?

Everyone keeps putting Pacquaio or Mosley's names out there, why no mention of Cotto?!

I see him taking a grueling UD over Pacquaio.

No opponent Manny has faced throws as hard and as consistant as Cotto.

Probably because he got KOed recently. Not so long ago that was the exact fight people were asking for, and many were acussing Mayweather of ducking him. I guess everyone feels like Mosley or Pacquaio are better match-ups now. That'll change again if Cotto can beat Pacquaio in Nov.

Floyd probably wouldn't take the fight. He'll say that Cotto doesn't deserve the shot or isn't a big enough name or some BS like that. Then he will take a bout with a smaller name. This opponent will be near 40, slower, smaller, and moving up 2 weight classes. Floyd will beat him in a lackluster fight by UD. Afterwards he'll proclaim he's the greatest ever and retire. Then when the IRS comes calling he'll rinse and repeat the same scenario. God Floyd is so awesome I just love this guy!

ITasteMenstrualFlorian -  Pacquaio or i dont give a f**k

Because Dana says no one knows who Mayweather is fighting. 

Cotto is a sick fighter but his strength lies in his power, and i see Mayweather and Pacman having a significant technical and speed advantage on him. He'd put up a good fight no doubt but Pacquiao isn't gonna lose his shot @ PBF now.

If Mayweather really wants to cement his legacy at WW he needs to fight two of Mosley, Williams or Cotto before he "retires" again.

demonbasketball04 - Everyone keeps putting Pacquaio or Mosley's names out there, why no mention of Cotto?!

I see him taking a grueling UD over Pacquaio.

No opponent Manny has faced throws as hard and as consistant as Cotto.

Because people think Pacquiao is better than Cotto... And i think he will KO Pacman, as soon as he connects, Pacman will see why he shouldn't fight at WW.

Once Cotto beats Pacquiao people will stop clamoring for PBF vs. Pac Man and start clamoring for PBF vs. Cotto.