Why is "person of color" politically correct?

when it means the exact same thing as colored? He is a colored person=bad. He is a person of color=cool? What is going on here?

Because it's what the minorities have said they accept.  Racism, or the lack thereof, can be both about how it's intended and how it's received.  

Logically, it doesn't make any sense, but emotionally, colored carries a lot of baggage due to its usage in past times.

I get that colored has past baggage, but come on. If someone called me a stupid person, I'd be pissed. If they called me a person of stupidity, I'd still be pissed.

Mencken - 

Because it's what the minorities have said they accept.  Racism, or the lack thereof, can be both about how it's intended and how it's received.  

When? Did they do a poll?

Sandy Pantz - 
Mencken - 

Are we seriously playing this juvenile little game?  

Since black is the absence of color I understand why it's offensive.

Considering white is the combination of all colors, I'm going to consider myself colored from now on. That should really clear things up. Phone Post 3.0

Mencken - 
Sandy Pantz - 
Mencken - 

Are we seriously playing this juvenile little game?  

Yes, balls in your court homie

clattymine - Since black is the absence of color I understand why it's offensive.

Considering white is the combination of all colors, I'm going to consider myself colored from now on. That should really clear things up. Phone Post 3.0

Finally, an explanation that makes sense!

Yeah! Also why is there a BET and no WET.

What gives?!?

HereWeAre - 

Yeah! Also why is there a BET and no WET.

What gives?!?

We have CBS bro, relax

How about just "person" Phone Post 3.0

Have you noticed the terms to describe someone always changes? When one description gets utilized often to describe a situation where there is negativity associated with said people in that situation, that terms is then cast as a slur/derogatory/racist. Then a new term needs to be developed.
Same kinda thing as global warming to climate change. Phone Post 3.0